Windows 10: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview app on your Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile phone.

The SMS relay feature is part of this update, and allows users to send and receive SMS and MMS messages directly from a Windows 10 PC when Skype on your Windows 10 Mobile is set as the default messaging app. No need to reach for your phone, you can view new messages as they arrive and respond to messages from your computer. Send and receive texts, group messages, and photos all in one app with a single view of your SMS and Skype conversations.

For more details, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to directly send SMS text messages from the Skype app on your Windows 10 PC.

Note Over the next couple of months, Microsoft will bring the SMS relay feature to Skype Preview for consumers in addition to new features and general improvements. Some of the features are already in this latest Skype Preview Windows Insider build; such as the ability to hide conversations, add contact button, and support for Skype URIs (start Skype calls and chats directly from websites, desktop and mobile apps). Microsoft is also working on:
    • Improved messaging – message sent status, copy and paste quoted messages, read/unread line indicator, preview a URL in chat, keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop of files and photos, drag and drop of URLs from browsers, and video messaging.
    • Easier calling – start call or conversation from profile page, group calls continue even when the initiator leaves, audio/video device settings, loudspeaker improvements.
    • Additional Windows Mobile updates – transparent tile, video calls will default to loud speaker for video calls, and improved back button navigation.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Send a SMS Text Message in Skype Preview app on Windows 10 PC
    • Option Two: To Send a SMS Image Message in Skype Preview app on Windows 10 PC

OPTION ONE [/i] To Send a SMS Text Message in Skype Preview app on Windows 10 PC
    1. If you haven't already, you will need to set the Skype Preview app as the default SMS application on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, and enable SMS sync in Skype Preview on both your Windows 10 Mobile phone and Windows 10 PC. For how, see OPTION ONE in the tutorial link below:
    *Arrow How to Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype Preview in Windows 10 PC and Mobile
    2. Open the Skype Preview app, and click/tap on the Start a conversation button or New conversation (plus sign) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (check) the contact (ex: Rusty) you want, and click/tap on Start. (see screenshot below)

4. Verify that you have the contact's SMS phone number selected in the Send via menu. (see screenshot below)

5. Type an SMS message you want to send to the contact, and click/tap on the Send button. (see screenshot below)

6. The SMS text message will now be sent. (see screenshot below)

7. Your contact should receive your SMS text message soon. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Send a SMS Image Message in Skype Preview app on Windows 10 PC
    1. If you haven't already, you will need to set the Skype Preview app as the default SMS application on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, and enable SMS sync in Skype Preview on both your Windows 10 Mobile phone and Windows 10 PC. For how, see OPTION ONE in the tutorial link below:
    *Arrow How to Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype Preview in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

2. Open the Skype Preview app, and click/tap on the Start a conversation button or New conversation (plus sign) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (check) the contact (ex: Rusty) you want, and click/tap on Start. (see screenshot below)

4. Verify that you have the contact's SMS phone number selected in the Send via menu. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Send image button. (see screenshot below)

6. Navigate to and select the .jpg, .jpeg, or .png image you want to send to the contact, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

7. The SMS image message will now be sent. (see screenshot below)

8. Your contact should receive your SMS image message shortly. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 25, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview

Source: To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview - Skype Blogs

See also:

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. StanYau Win User
    Messaging App not sending texts?

Wait...

So, just to be clear?

• Windows 10 phones sync both Skype and SMS messages in Messaging app.
    • Windows 10 phones can send and receive Skype and SMS messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PC syncs only Skype messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PCs can send Skype messages in Messaging, but can only send SMS via Cortana?

Is that right, or have I missed something? That makes Messaging on PC kinda pointless, as, well, why wouldn't you just keep using the Skype desktop application? Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC :p

StanYau, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. DaveM121 Win User
    is it possible to send and receive SMS text messages from my windows 10 pc?

Hi Alan

The Skype App in Windows allows you to send SMS text messages

If you are in the USA, you can now also receive SMS texts with Skype, this new functionality of being able to also receive SMS will be rolled out to the rest of the World shortly . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Send SMS Text

2. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  3. How do I send SMS messages using Windows 10 on-board apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I send SMS messages using Windows 10 on-board apps?: I'm running a 2-in-1 convertible equipped with a mobile network SIM card. How can I send/receive SMS messages in Windows 10 utilizing on-board apps?...
  4. Sending text from pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Sending text from pc: Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10 152512
  5. Skype messages not sending

in Windows 10 News
    Skype messages not sending: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have faced an issue where you find that Skype is not sending messages. This issue is common with Skype for home users, and the most probable cause has been having low or no internet connectivity. But if you [...] This post Skype messages not sending...
  6. sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device

in Cortana
    sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device: windows 10 1803 build 17134.472 Cortana gives me an error when I try to SMS I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone. Any clue , ideas? thanks charles...
  7. SMS messaging on windows 10 pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SMS messaging on windows 10 pc: is it possible to send and receive SMS text messages from my windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sms-messaging-on-windows-10-pc/9a2c3fb1-739e-4604-8994-1ab61daac68b"
  8. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending SMS from my PC: When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days...
  9. You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

in Windows 10 News
    You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13: Your feedback was loud and clear and we are excited to announce that you can now send SMS in the new Skype v8.13 and above on desktop and mobile. You can do this in different ways: Direct from your conversation window - [img] From the dialpad - [img] From...
  10. Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC: How to: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into...