Windows 10: Cortana registry setting?

Discus and support Cortana registry setting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DragonFireDon22, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Cortana registry setting?

Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry?

Thank you!

:)

DragonFireDon22, Apr 1, 2017

2. Cortana search in the registry

In the registry Software\Microsoft\Windows search\ScopeChangeNotification\S-1-5-21-1580305360 --1265286851-887726884=1000\Mirosoft.Windows.Cortana_swsn1h27xyewy\DE58CDD6..... refers to 2 lines that are incorrect and because of these the backup will not complete.
    I tried to delete these lines by running as administrator and was not allowed to change permissions and was told that can't be done on this computer. Running Window 10 Home.

I tried a registry cleaner supposed to be the best but it could not locate these error keys. I was told that I needed to do a clean install and reload all my software ( about 1 days work). Can anyone help???

EdwardChudy, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Michelle Her, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana registry setting?

Hello Don, *Smile

Cortana has multiple locations in the registry for its settings.

If you like, look under "C" in the tutorial index below for the "Cortana" tutorials. Most of them include a registry option that may help.

Windows 10 Tutorial Index - Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  5. So it doesn't actually have a CENTRAL/MAIN location in the registry?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not for all of its settings.

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    That is because it is so heavily tied into the OS, which was originally what they tried with the extra Microsoft Search that was released around the time that 7 was released.

Cotana has to stay enabled or you will break the OS. If you disable thr settings in System Settings and in Cortana, it will stop looking at what you are doing and reporting neutral information on what software that you are using, so that Microsoft's Software Engineers and third party software manufacturers can know how Widows is being used and if there are any incompatiblty issues.

bro67, Apr 1, 2017
  8. Cortana registry setting?

I am actually having a problem with Cortana missing/Not showing up on my PC at all. I have Cortana not disabled in the registry, but it's not working.

What Cortana registry settings would have to do with Cortana exist on my PC but it's somehow disabled or corrupted other than these ones?

Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
    Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

I am trying to find the corrupted Cortana registry setting that would make it no longer showing up on my computer.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Did you do anything previously to disable or uninstall Cortana?

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  10. I didn't, it's just disappeared somehow mysteriously.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If this just recently happened, then you might see if doing a system restore using a restore point dated before Cortana went awol may help restore it.

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  12. Unfortunately this is not recent, but several months I no longer have a system restore for when it's working.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  14. DragonFireDon22, Apr 1, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Cortana registry setting? - Similar Threads - Cortana registry setting

2. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  3. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  4. EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting: I have found two entries in the registry for WIN10 64bit Build 1909. The first is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\EnableFirstLogonAnimation The second is:...
  5. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  6. sermouse registry setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sermouse registry setting: We have been editing the registry in windows 10 to prevent sermouse from misidentifying incoming serial data and causing the "crazy mouse" symptom. This works fine but we have noticed recently that periodic windows updates will revert the START setting in the registry to its...
  7. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  8. Edge registry settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge registry settings: Is there any list of registry settings for Edge? I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser (with IE11 that still is present - wtf?), there are no settings for the answer file available. Just the old IE11 shit. I can't...
  9. Registry settings in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  10. ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost: I'm hoping some registry experts here can help. I have lost my Cortana settings. When I click the settings icon (3rd from the top on the left in the attached image), nothing happens. I may have become a bit overzealous in my attempts to disable Cortana, but now I have lost...