Windows 10: Cortana registry setting?

Discus and support Cortana registry setting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As a test, what options do you have available when trying to do Option 1 in the tutorial below? Do you have a "Show Cortana icon" or "Show Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DragonFireDon22, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Cortana registry setting?

DragonFireDon22, Apr 1, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 1, 2017
  3. I am not disabled on ANY of these.

I think there is a corruption somewhere in my registry setting...

Or do you know if there are services that Cortana need in order to run, I may have accidentally disabled? If so, which services are these?

DragonFireDon22, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana registry setting?

The "Windows Search" service would need to be running and set to "Automatic".

Brink, Apr 2, 2017
  5. Nope that was not disabled, it's running.

Really strange...

Maybe these could help, or not I don't know. But it looks like it's related at least the first few.

Code: The server Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.8.12.15063_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI.AppXd4tad4d57t4wtdbnnmb8v2xtzym8c1n8.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information. Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information. The server {4AA0A5C4-1B9B-4F2E-99D7-99C6AEC83474} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain. The Netlogon service does not need to run in this configuration. The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. HAXM can't work on system with VT disabled The NetPipeActivator service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. The Net.Msmq Listener Adapter service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.[/quote]

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Other than a clean install of Windows 10, I'm not sure what may restore Cortana. *Sad

Brink, Apr 2, 2017
  7. That sucks. Somewhere in the registry, it's messed up. I just don't know which it is, and sadly Microsoft has never released such tool to fully diagnose, fix or reset Cortana to it's factory settings.

8. Edwin New Member

@DragonFireDon22
    What happens when you right click Start for the WinX Menu and click on 'Search'?

Edwin, Apr 2, 2017
  9. Just this screen

Cortana registry setting? [​IMG]

10. Additional note

Code: The server Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.8.12.15063_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI.AppXd4tad4d57t4wtdbnnmb8v2xtzym8c1n8.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information. Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: This app does not support the contract specified or is not installed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information[/quote] These do NOT seem to regenerate after each Restart.

11. Edwin New Member
    Click on that stuff and see if you can invoke something.

(btw, is your time, timezone, date and region set properly?)

Cortana registry setting? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 2, 2017
  12. Nothing was invoked either visually or in Event Viewer. Also the timezone, region, etc are correct.

13. Bree New Member

I can switch my Cortana to look like that (and back again to 'normal').

Click the settings cogwheel on that screen, scroll down to the last toggle switch 'Search online and include web results' - 'Off' looks like your screenshot, 'On' is normal Cortana functionality.

14. I don't have that option.

15. Bree New Member
    What edition of windows 10 do you have? (Home, Pro, Education, etc.) What version? Run Winver to check.

Thema:

1. Cortana registry setting? - Similar Threads - Cortana registry setting

2. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  3. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  4. EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting: I have found two entries in the registry for WIN10 64bit Build 1909. The first is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\EnableFirstLogonAnimation The second is:...
  5. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  6. sermouse registry setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sermouse registry setting: We have been editing the registry in windows 10 to prevent sermouse from misidentifying incoming serial data and causing the "crazy mouse" symptom. This works fine but we have noticed recently that periodic windows updates will revert the START setting in the registry to its...
  7. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  8. Edge registry settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge registry settings: Is there any list of registry settings for Edge? I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser (with IE11 that still is present - wtf?), there are no settings for the answer file available. Just the old IE11 shit. I can't...
  9. Registry settings in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  10. ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost: I'm hoping some registry experts here can help. I have lost my Cortana settings. When I click the settings icon (3rd from the top on the left in the attached image), nothing happens. I may have become a bit overzealous in my attempts to disable Cortana, but now I have lost...