Windows 10: cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot

Discus and support cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Exactly what it says on the tin. I've already ensured that CPU-Z, GPU-Z, OpenHardWareMonitor, Speccy, etc. are not/no longer installed on my system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dragonshardz, Aug 17, 2015.

1. cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot

Exactly what it says on the tin. I've already ensured that CPU-Z, GPU-Z, OpenHardWareMonitor, Speccy, etc. are not/no longer installed on my system.

What else can I do to ensure this issue stops happening?

:)

dragonshardz, Aug 17, 2015
  2. J.DD Win User

Problem can't be fixed after running sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix of them"

Unninstall CPUZ, or whatever this file belongs to cpuz138_x64.sys

It's causing the crash. I would uninstall Daemontools as well. It's a known cause of crashes

3. My computer keeps blue screening with the error "irql not less or equal" (Windows 10)

*******************************************************************************

* Bugcheck Analysis

*******************************************************************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {830f9fc, f, 1, fffff8028223b6a7}

Unable to load image \??\C:\Users\carhu\AppData\Local\Temp\cpuz138\cpuz138_x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cpuz138_x64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
    cpuz138_x64.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Please remove HWMonitor. Select the keyboard shortcut
    WIN+X,
    select Control Panel, Programs and Features, place the cursor on
    HWMonitor, right click and select Uninstall from the drop down menu.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 17, 2015
  4. derekimo Win User

cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot

derekimo, Aug 17, 2015
  5. I'm unable to delete the folder. I receive an error message stating the folder is open in another program.

I'll see if I can use Process Explorer to find and close the program that is using the folder.

E: It seems that explorer.exe is holding it open, but only when I am viewing the folder. However, this makes little sense to me - how am I to delete the file when what I must use to delete it is preventing me from deleting it?

6. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Most of those programs I have set to boot with Windows are ones that I do want to boot with Windows. Unless there's some I'm not aware of?

I'll see if Safe Mode will allow me to delete the file.

8. derekimo Win User

That's up to you, I was just wondering, This is what I see,

Code: OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE OneDriveSetup C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Dropbox Dropbox.lnk CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Pidgin Pidgin.lnk CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Rainmeter Rainmeter.lnk CORUNDUM\dragonshardz SnippingToolPlusPlus-6.4.0 SnippingToolPlusPlus-6.4.0.exe CORUNDUM\dragonshardz f.lux "C:\Users\dragonshardz\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux\flux.exe" /noshow CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Google Update "C:\Users\dragonshardz\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c CORUNDUM\dragonshardz MusicManager "C:\Users\dragonshardz\AppData\Local\Programs\Google\MusicManager\MusicManager.exe" CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Steam "D:\Steam\steam.exe" -silent CORUNDUM\dragonshardz EADM "D:\Origin\Origin.exe" -AutoStart CORUNDUM\dragonshardz EVEMon "F:\EVEMon\EVEMon.exe" -startMinimized CORUNDUM\dragonshardz GoogleDriveSync "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe" /autostart CORUNDUM\dragonshardz CCleaner Monitoring "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR CORUNDUM\dragonshardz BitTorrent Sync "E:\BTSync\BTSync.exe" /MINIMIZED CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Skype "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Desktop Coral "C:\Program Files (x86)\DesktopCoral\DesktopCoral.exe" /autorun CORUNDUM\dragonshardz Dropbox Update "C:\Users\dragonshardz\AppData\Local\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe" /c CORUNDUM\dragonshardz OneDrive "C:\Users\dragonshardz\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background CORUNDUM\dragonshardz RTHDVCPL "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe" -s Public Logitech Download Assistant C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll,LogiFetch Public IAStorIcon "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIconLaunch.exe" "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe" 60 Public NvBackend "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\Update Core\NvBackend.exe" Public ShadowPlay C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap64.dll,ShadowPlayOnSystemStart Public Launch LCore C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\LCore.exe /minimized Public EvtMgr6 C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe /launchGaming Public AthBtTray "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm Atheros\Bluetooth Suite\athbttray.exe" Public XboxStat "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XboxStat.exe" silentrun Public FWS_FlawlessWidescreen "F:\Flawless Widescreen\FlawlessWidescreen.exe" Public[/quote]

derekimo, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Safe Mode did the trick. As for the startup programs, Pidgin is disabled. I just haven't removed the .lnk file.

Some of those other things - like OneDrive, BTSync - I will be disabling. Most of it, however, are things I do want to start up right alongside Windows.

10. derekimo Win User
    No problem. I see you marked this solved so I guess you are confident it is.

Have a good one. *Smile

derekimo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cpuz138_x64.sys causing PAGE_FAULT_IN-NONPAGED_AREA on boot - Similar Threads - cpuz138_x64 sys causing

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys: Hello, this is the first time I got a BSOD from that driver, and I want to know what caused it!! 081223-12109-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driverirqlnotlessorequal-caused-by-dxgmms2sys/bd948afe-cb81-4a6b-adc1-e9e3d0de10b0
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD caused by netwtw10.sys: From a couple of days ago my machine has been frequently BSOD and showing the error to be caused by netwtw10.sys. I have attempted to reinstall network drivers, reset machine with content, reset to factory and the issue has persisted through all the changes I made. In...
  6. QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD

QCAMAIN1.SYS CAUSING BSOD: This was probably caused by the following module: qcamain1.sys Qcamain10x64+0x108678 Bugcheck code: 0x1D3 0x333, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0 Error: CUSTOM_ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for...
  7. BSOD caused by Dot4.sys

BSOD caused by Dot4.sys: I have a BSOD problem caused by Dot4.sys very often but I have no idea what is causing it. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Dot4.sys+e23f IEEE-1284.4-1999 Driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK driver Windows (R) Win 7 DDK provider 6.1.7600.16385 built by: WinDDK x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aab90
  8. Windows 10 blue screen error. PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREA Netwtw06.sys

Windows 10 blue screen error. PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREA Netwtw06.sys: My computer keeps crashing help me Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN NONPAGED_AREA What Failed: Netwtw06.sys I can turn on my computer and use it but after like 10-60 minutes It crashes with the message above and I don't know what to do....
  9. Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluescreen caused by stdriverx64.sys: I have been battling this problem for a while now We have a department that use Soundtap to record their phonecalls on their PC where they use a softphone. Just recently we have had two different PCs, both using Soundtap, getting Bluescreens several times a day. This...
  10. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys)

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cpuz138_x64.sys): I'm getting a BSOD crash that happens randomly. It says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpuz138_x64.sys bsod

2. what programs use cpuz_138