Windows 10: Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hennie, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Hennie Win User

Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 introduces a new battery saver feature that conserves your PC's battery by limiting background activity and adjusting hardware settings. Battery saver will turn on automatically if you like, but you can also turn it on manually.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a battery saver shortcut that opens directly to Battery saver in Settings in Windows 10.

Note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316, Microsoft has renamed “Battery Saver” settings page to be “Battery” since they believe a single entry point for all battery related settings including Battery Saver simplifies the user experience.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Battery saver in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Battery saver Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Battery_saver_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Battery saver Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\explorer.exe ms-settings:batterysaver

3. Type Battery saver for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Battery saver shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\System32\taskbarcpl.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Hennie, Feb 15, 2017
  2. SOISK Win User
    SOISK, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

We appreciate the update. Regarding the screen saver not working on your computer, it is possible that there is currently no screen saver selected. If you are unable to find Screen Savers Settings in
    Control Panel, Settings>Personalization>Lock Screen>Screen Saver, or by searching for
    Screen Saver in Cortana, let's try creating a shortcut to Screen Savers Settings on your desktop. Here's how:

• Right-click on your desktop, and select New > Shortcut.
    • Type control desk.cpl,,@screensaver in the location space in the wizard, and click
      Next.
    • Give a name to your shortcut, and click Next.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you
    create a new local user account
    on your computer and check if you can access Screen Savers Settings while on the new account.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10

using this shortcut brings me to the battery saver menu. I just want to toggle between ON and OFF. How should I modify it for quick toggle on the task bar then? This is to implement on my work laptop, where I have zero admin privileges (and of course no registry access)

tententwenty, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Battery Saver Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Battery Saver

2. battery saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery saver: i want my battery saver setting to be on ON. when i put the laptop into sleep or it shuts down the battery saver setting turn off every single time.How do i fix this so it is always on? Shouldn't it stay on?Thanks...
  3. battery saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery saver: i want my battery saver setting to be on ON. when i put the laptop into sleep or it shuts down the battery saver setting turn off every single time.How do i fix this so it is always on? Shouldn't it stay on?Thanks...
  4. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  5. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  6. Battery saver.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery saver.: My battery is very low at 5% so I want to save my battery. I try turning batter save on but it don't allow me to. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/ca42be6b-d143-46d4-8c2e-21afe2a0764b
  7. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Saver: Battery Saver key is not working . I have to click manually the key to work the battery saver mode going in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/6bafe265-02de-4495-ad69-684894396698
  8. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Saver: I got a laptop yesterday Lenovo Yoga C740 and one thing I noticed was it had a little timer that told you how much time you can use the computer before it dies, but the issue is that it is always displaying that I only have very little time to use it. I wanted to know if it...
  9. battery saver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery saver: after i updated to the 2004 version,clicking the battery saver button from the taskbar is not possible. Clicking it shows no effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/cc50970c-1896-4211-8624-1f53d6b527d2
  10. Create Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 batery saver keyboard shortcut