Windows 10: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

Discus and support Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Edwin New Member

Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

default web browser.

This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome [​IMG]
    Note The websites that you add to your desktop in Google Chrome will also have a shortcut of the website placed in the Chrome Apps folder in the All apps list in your Start menu for another way to access the website.

These shortcuts are stored in the folder location below if you would like to remove them from All apps.

*Arrow %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Chrome Apps

The websites that you add to your desktop in Google Chrome will also be added to your Chrome Apps page ("chrome://apps") in Google Chrome for another way to access the website. You can right click or press and hold on a shortcut on your Apps page, and click/tap on "Remove from Chrome..." to remove it from your Apps page.

Here's How:

1. While in Google Chrome, go to the website (ex: www.tenforums.com) you want to create a shortcut to on your desktop.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    button, click/tap on More tools, and click/tap on Create shortcut. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter a name you want for the shortcut, check or uncheck the Open as window box for what you want, and click/tap on Create. (see screenshot below)

*note If you check the Open as window box, the website shortcut will open as the only tab in a separate Google Chrome window.

If you uncheck the Open as window box, the website shortcut will open in your currently active Google Chrome window.

4. You will now have a shortcut to the website on your desktop that you can also assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Jan 7, 2017

2. Shortcut on desktop won't open

Created shortcuts to websites on desktop -was working - now only some open website -others open to Google page - some won't allow creating a shortcut to ????

Bill Blair, Jan 7, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Jan 7, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, I missed that they were add added under the Chrome Apps folder in All Apps. I have them. *Redface

I added a note for this. *Wink

Brink, Jan 7, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Yeah, I should have said that, sorry! *Redface

Edwin, Jan 7, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

*Thumbs

Edwin, Jan 7, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Anything added to the Chrome apps folder is also added to your Google Apps page too:

Cliff S, Jan 8, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Cliff. *Smile

Brink, Jan 8, 2017
  11. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm Shawn having problems with the Google apps in particular the Keep it seems to be changing every other day and the apps "square" now has three different icons directing to Keep.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 2, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello John, *Smile

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Keep" and the "apps square". Could you post a screenshot showing this to better see what it may be?

Brink, Apr 2, 2017
  13. ICIT2LOL Win User

Hello Shawn some of my machines you have to open the apps icon on the taskbar and the other pic is what you get.

Now in addition to the this I suspect it is some new feature with CCleaner but I now have to keep logging into the forums and the Microsoft and Google sites after running it but it gets very frustrating having to do this all the time as I store a lot of passwords in Keep because it is handy that it goes across all my devices it is just accessing it that is getting hard to do. .

Edit: Sorry the pics will not upload in essence I have to open the small bunch of coloured squares on the taskbar and then in the opened screen there are three Keep icons
    1 Look to be an older icon version
    2. The new version which takes me to a new tab and Keep
    #. The blue one which opens up this thread??

ICIT2LOL, Apr 2, 2017
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Are you dragging the cookies you want to save to the right side column in Ccleaner\Options Tab\Cookies?

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2017
  15. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yep Cliff have always done that but try as I may it now asks me to login all over.

But I will check to see what I have got because my usual cookies I have never changed them and I am wondering if the new version did not carry the cookies on over??*Huh

ICIT2LOL, Apr 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Create Desktop Shortcut

2. Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.: When I first got my computer I was able to have a separate google icon on my desktop for my school, home, and work accounts. I got rid of them thinking I didn't need them. Now I realize I do and I can't create a shortcut anymore. I currently have a desktop shortcut for one...
  3. website as a desktop shortcut

website as a desktop shortcut: like my friend i want my website as a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-as-a-desktop-shortcut/16127ab1-f442-4562-9065-ca4fc7715da8
  4. Shortcuts to websites open Google

in Browsers and Email
    Shortcuts to websites open Google: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) I must have done something wrong. There are several shortcuts on the desktop to various websites, including this one. But most of them now open Google. What do I have to do to fix this? 151810
  5. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  6. how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome

how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome: I just switched to chrome and I have no toolbar at the top of the page. How do I download a google toolbar or a google shortcut on my desktop...
  7. Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop: Windows 10. Chrome browser. Can't seem to add website shortcut to the desktop. Search said to left click the icon to the left of the website address & pull it to the desktop, but left-clicking doesn't "grab" the icon....
  8. Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and bookmarks...
  9. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing...
  10. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot