Windows 10: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

Discus and support Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is deleted from the computer.

Guest mode is ideal for:
    • Letting others borrow your computer, or borrowing someone else’s computer.
    • Using a public computer, like one at a library or cafe.
    Guest mode stops Chrome from saving your browsing activity.

Your activity might still be visible to:
    • Websites you visit, including the ads and resources used on those sites
    • Your employer, school, or whoever runs the network you’re using
    • Your internet service provider
    If you sign in to an account to use a web service (like Gmail) while in Guest mode, your browsing activity might be saved on sites that recognize that account.

If there's a supervised user on your computer, Guest mode isn't available when all non-supervised profiles are locked.

If you want to browse privately on your own computer, use Incognito mode. You'll see your info and settings without saving any browsing history.

This tutorial will show you how to create a shortcut that will always open Google Chrome in Guest mode in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut that Opens in Current Guest Window
    • Option Two: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut that Always Opens in New Guest Window

EXAMPLE: Guest mode window in Google Chrome
    You will know you are in Guest mode when the profile icon at the top right shows the Guest icon
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut that Opens in Current Guest Window
    1 Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on New, and click/tap on Shortcut.

2 Type the location you want to use below depending on if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows installed, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    (32-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode in current Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest

OR

(32-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode to specific site in current Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest URL

Substitute URL in the location above with the actual URL address (ex: https://www.tenforums.com) of the website you want to create a shortcut to.

For example: "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest https://www.tenforums.com

OR

(64-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode in current Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest

OR

(64-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode to specific site in current Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest URL

Substitute URL in the location above with the actual URL address (ex: https://www.tenforums.com) of the website you want to create a shortcut to.

For example: "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest https://www.tenforums.com

3 Type a name (ex: "Google Chrome Guest") you want for this shortcut, and click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

4 If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

OPTION TWO [/i] Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut that Always Opens in New Guest Window
    1 Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on New, and click/tap on Shortcut.

2 Type the location you want to use below depending on if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows installed, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    (32-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode in new Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest -new-window

OR

(32-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode to specific site in new Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest -new-window URL

For example: "%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest -new-window https://www.tenforums.com

OR

(64-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode in new Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest -new-window

OR

(64-bit Windows - Opens Google Chrome in Guest mode to specific site in new Guest window)
    *Arrow "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest -new-window URL

For example: "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -guest -new-window https://www.tenforums.com

3 Type a name (ex: "Google Chrome Guest") you want for this shortcut, and click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

4 If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

Public Computer Chrome Private vs. Guest Mode

So I was on a public computer today and went to gmail and I always use Private Mode and in addition I restart the computer when I am done. Today was the first time I saw an option to browse in Guest mode as opposed to private mode.

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...sktop&hl=en-GB

Open Guest mode

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click the button with a name or People
      Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows lYTtYmZ_QVHxVby0ZAMB4AU08fjLUhmwZOSl78b73pDnfJbjNSxd3A9s4etSXdDQx7UJ.png
    3. Click Guest.

I noticed that the People icon is not available in Private mode but only when I open up a regular browser window. So on a public computer which offers more privacy selecting private mode or guest mode. I use a public computer every day for an hour or so and this was the first time I saw that option. TIA.

phaedruspress, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Gowrish_S Win User
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

1. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows - Similar Threads - Create Google Chrome

2. How to create Guest Profile shortcut for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Guest Profile shortcut for Microsoft Edge: Guest Profile in Microsoft Edge lets you browse separately without interfering with browsing data, download history, etc., of other signed-in profiles. If you regularly use Guest mode in Edge browser, then creating a guest profile shortcut would be a bit more convenient....
  3. Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create a desktop shortcut for my second Google Chrome account.: When I first got my computer I was able to have a separate google icon on my desktop for my school, home, and work accounts. I got rid of them thinking I didn't need them. Now I realize I do and I can't create a shortcut anymore. I currently have a desktop shortcut for one...
  4. fix my google chrome shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fix my google chrome shortcut: fix my google chrome shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emma34/c8eec995-8d16-41a2-917b-d036176cfb8d
  5. google chrome older shortcuts not opening

google chrome older shortcuts not opening: Hi, Had this problem for a while now with google chrome browser, I can create new shortcuts to desktop and they work fine but older ones still will not open the icon etc is there but it only opens to the google page, I have uninstalled chrome,reset it etc but nothing seems...
  6. google chrome desk top shortcuts

google chrome desk top shortcuts: when I open up a web site (chrome) via desk top short cut multiple web sites attempt to load. ie open up outlook and 2 additional yahoo operations appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-desk-top-shortcuts/ff590c50-859e-4adb-85a2-f08c6cb0c473
  7. Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and bookmarks...
  8. Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your...
  9. Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome: How to: Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome How to Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...