Windows 10: Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; This is what the address to the recovery image looks like [G:\ResetRecoveryImage] so I assume it's in the root directory. This is what the tutorial you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by jm44jg39, Jul 22, 2015.

1. JKarch Win User

Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10

This is what the address to the recovery image looks like [G:\ResetRecoveryImage] so I assume it's in the root directory. This is what the tutorial you directed me to brought up. Screenshot - 7d72d8ac532aa3bde8020815fb60ed02 - Gyazo

JKarch, May 23, 2016
  2. JKarch Win User

Also totally didn't mean to make another post, my bad. *Wink

JKarch, May 23, 2016
  3. Hi Shawn,

In this whitepaper for "/setosimage" command MSDN says: "This setting is not used in Windows 10."
    REAgentC command-line options
    But you use "/setosimage" command in tutorial and apparently it works. Am I missing something or what?

Yasak Hayat, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Yasak, *Smile

I'll have to do some testing with this tomorrow to see if anything has changed.

Brink, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Ok Shawn

Yasak Hayat, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Shawn I know this is an old post (but updated in Apr) but I have used the ResetRecoveryImage on my last two Insider Builds and confirmed the location using reagentc /info. Apparently still works well. I have only one SSD drive on my laptop so I have the install.wim file stored on an external USB 3.0 SSD drive.
    Thanks for the TUT!*Wink

Fisher Mann, Jul 7, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you for posting your results Fisher Mann. *Smile

Brink, Jul 7, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    I used the command reagentc /setosimage /path "location\ResetRecoveryImage" /index 1 whilst troubleshooting an Adanced Starup menu problem but I don't want the reset recovery image anymore. How do I set a command using reagentc to remove it?

Steve C, Sep 14, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Steve, *Smile

You could delete the ResetRecoveryImage folder to remove it, and have Windows use the default image instead.

Brink, Sep 14, 2017
  11. ixodid Win User
    Hi Shawn - I put the install.wim file into the new ResetRecoveryImage folder on an external drive as I believe was the case with Fisher Mann in post #66 above. I just wanted to verify - is using an external drive is acceptable?

Thank you for your tutorials!

ixodid, Jan 22, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello ixodid, *Smile

I haven't tested using an external drive, but it should work.

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  13. Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10

Hi @Brink

Thank you for the fantastic tutorial, if you don't mind i have question about the /index option which specifies the index number of the recovery image to use from within a .wim file. You have used index number 1 but as you know install.wim image file may contain several different Windows 10 Edition e.g. Pro, Home, etc.. As you know we use following Dism command to found out the index number of Windows edition we want to use with Dism command, so how come you only use index number 1 what if there is more than one edition of Windows 10?

Code: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim[/quote]

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 26, 2018
  15. Cool, thank you for your reply!

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Reset Recovery

2. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows: I have a Macintosh with Windows 10 running on Bootcamp that I was trying to upgrade, but unfortunately I accidentally corrupted the macOS Catalina partition while attempting to repartition the hard drive using Windows, which also corrupted the bootloader and rendered both...
  3. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows: I have a Macintosh with Windows 10 running on Bootcamp that I was trying to upgrade, but unfortunately I accidentally corrupted the macOS Catalina partition while attempting to repartition the hard drive using Windows, which also corrupted the bootloader and rendered both...
  4. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image: I need help with resetting Windows 10 using a recovery image. I found a lot of instructions in the web but I think they seems to bee incomplete.I made a system image using the dism command:“dism /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:C:\ /ImageFile:D:\windows10\install.wim...
  6. HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image: I need help with resetting Windows 10 using a recovery image. I found a lot of instructions in the web but I think they seems to bee incomplete.I made a system image using the dism command:“dism /Capture-Image /CaptureDir:C:\ /ImageFile:D:\windows10\install.wim...
  7. HowTo Reset Windows With Custom Recovery Image

8. reset using surface recovery image

reset using surface recovery image: Hi everyone,About a week again, I updated my computer Microsoft Surface Pro 5 - Windows 10. After using it for about a day, the Bluetooth stopped working and disappeared. I discovered this when my attached keyboard stopped responding. I disconnected it, cleaned it and...
  9. Find Reset Recovery Image Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Reset Recovery Image Location in Windows 10: How to: Find Reset Recovery Image Location in Windows 10 How to Find Location of Recovery Image used to Reset Windows 10 [img] Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you can try to refresh, reset, or restore it. When you reset your PC,...
  10. Create Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10: How to: Create Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10 How to Create a Custom Recovery Image used to Refresh Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10130 released on May 29th 2015. The "C:\Windows\System32\recimg.exe" file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reagentc create new reset image windows 10