Windows 10: Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 Starting with Screen Snip feature has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by planetf1, Apr 7, 2016.

1. planetf1 Win User

Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10

Starting with Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a screenshot.

You can snip a rectangle, something a bit more freeform, or full screen and it will go straight to your clipboard. If thats all you need, you can take it from there. Want more, though? Immediately after taking a snip youll now get a notification that will take you and your snip to the Screen Sketch app where you can annotate and share away.

*note Starting with Windows 10 Insider Skip Ahead build 18219, Screen Sketch app has been updated to version 10.1807.2286.0 and renamed to Snip & Sketch.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Screen Snip shortcut in Windows 10.

*note A screen snip is saved to the clipboard by default.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Screen Snip

Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Screen Snip Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Screen_snip-shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Screen Snip Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    %windir%\explorer.exe ms-screenclip:

3. Type Screen snip for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Screen snip shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)

*note You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

planetf1, Apr 7, 2016
  2. Edwin Win User

Here's a copy of the New icon, if anyone wants... (.ico, 16x16 - 256x256)

Snip & Sketch Icon.zip

Example:

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

One thing is you can make keyboard shortcuts for the various things you can do. And upload directly to imgur was very nice when I used it that way. And you can define an area and have a shortcut for screenshotting that area. I agree it's not as powerful in relation to the Windows 10 snipping tool but it's definitely way, way more powerful than the ones in previous versions of Windows.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
  6. OneNote screen capture shortcut conflicts with Windows10 Search shortcut

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Window + S is used for search in Windows 10. So, I suggest you to use the below shortcut methods to take the screenshot and check if it helps.

• Keyboard Shortcut – Windows + PrtScn.

• Keyboard Shortcut – PrtScn.

• Keyboard Shortcut – Alt + PrtScn.

• You can also use snipping tool take the screen shot in Windows 10.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Screen Snip

2. Snip and sketch shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and sketch shortcut: I'm trying to use my snip and sketch shortcut using winkey+shift+s but it doesn't work anymore. It doesn't register the command and I have to manually open the app instead of the screen going dim and showing the options at the top of the screen....
  3. Screen snip shortcut acting funky

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen snip shortcut acting funky: When i press Win+Shift+S for the quick snip tool, when i try to drag the size of the screen snip I want, it constantly ends before I let go of the mouse click. Any fixes? submitted by /u/Zanity79 [link] [comments]...
  4. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  5. Shortcut Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6
  6. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  7. Snip and Sketch shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch shortcuts.: Is it possible to create a taskbar shortcut to open 'Snip and Sketch' directly and without it opening the whole App? These images should clarify what I mean. Snip and Sketch can be added to the taskbar but it always opens as shown. By pure chance I found a button in the...
  8. Create Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Screen Saver Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that displays on the screen(s) of your PC after you have not been active on the PC for specified period...
  9. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  10. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 snip shortcut

2. snip n sketch shortcut