Windows 10: Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

Discus and support Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Take a Screen Snip (Screenshot) with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

How to: Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

How to Take a Screen Snip (Screenshot) with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, a new Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a screenshot.

You can snip a rectangle, something a bit more freeform, or full screen and it will go straight to your clipboard. If thats all you need, you can take it from there. Want more, though? Immediately after taking a snip youll now get a notification that will take you and your snip to the Screen Sketch app where you can annotate and share away.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18219, Screen Sketch app has been updated to version 10.1807.2286.0 and renamed to Snip & Sketch.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18282, a new window snip option is available to use with Screen Snip.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18950, you can now zoom in on your screenshots if theyre a bit too small for you to annotate on (and yes, CTRL+Plus, CTRL+Minus and Ctrl+Mouse wheel are supported!). Itll also zoom out to make sure the whole snip fits in the Snip & Sketch window. If you want to see the snip at its original size, click the Zoom button and then Actual Size.

Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This tutorial will show you how to quickly snip a Screen Snip (screenshot) and share or save with the Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10.

A screen snip is saved to the clipboard by default.

EXAMPLE: Screen Snip

Here's How:

1 Perform one of the following actions below to launch screen snipping: (see screenshots below)
    A) Press the Win + Shift + S keys.

B) Press the Print Screen key if Use the Print Screen key to launch screen snipping is turned on.

C) Click on the pen tail button if you have Screen Snipping selected for the click once pen shortcut.

D) Click/tap on the Screen snip quick action button in Action Center (Win+A).

E) Open All Apps in the Start menu, right click or press and hold on the Snip & Sketch app, and click/tap on Take a new snip, New snip in 3 seconds, or New snip in 10 seconds for what you want.

This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 18219.

F) If the Snip & Sketch app icon is on the taskbar, right click or press and hold on Snip & Sketch, and click/tap on Take a new snip, New snip in 3 seconds, or New snip in 10 seconds for what you want.

This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 18219.

2 A snipping toobar will now appear for you to select Rectangle Snip, Freeform Snip, Window Snip, or Fullscreen Snip. (see screenshots below)

The Window Snip option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 18282.

3 Take a snip using the selected tool above. For example, drag the pointer around what you want to take a screenshot of. (see screenshot below)

4 You will now get a notification letting you know Snip saved to clipboard where you can paste the snip where you want. (see screenshot below)

Starting with Windows 10 build 18277, some Insiders may notice a change to select Edit or Smart Insights.

5 If you like, you can click/tap on the notification above to open your snip in the Screen Sketch app where you can annotate and print (Ctrl+P), save (Ctrl+S) and/or share your snip. (see screenshots below)

The option to Print is only available starting with Snip & Sketch (Version 10.1809.2964.0).

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 23, 2017

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Oct 27, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

snip and sketch

I downloaded Snip and Sketch OK. My intent is to draw/sketch on a map so I can show my readers the hiking trail I took. However, I cannot do the following:

I want to bring up Google Earth. I then want to draw/sketch a hiking trail that I took. I want to use Snip and Sketch to draw on the Google Earth screen, and once I am done I will save this screen. Can I do this in this sequence, or do i first need to do
    a Google Earth screen print - and then bring up Snip and Sketch?

Below it asks for a "Windows Topic." To get by this question I selected "Ink and Sketch."

Thank you.

OutdoorSteve, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Screen Sketch app renamed to Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Insider build

You can choose snip delays from jump lists as well...

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Snip & Sketch

I LOVED the Microsoft Snipping Tool. I understand that Microsoft did away with it and replaced it with "Snip & Sketch." While the concept to use it is the same, when I capture what I want as a "NEW" snip, it then appears simply as a blank screen within the
    Snip & Sketch app. I believe that the app says it copies the snip to the Clipboard, so I attempted to open up a Word doc and a Notepad doc and "Paste" but still nothing appears.

Please help!

Atty Laura R., Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

1. Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen Snip Snip

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. snip & sketch minimizes the game window after taking a snip

snip & sketch minimizes the game window after taking a snip: I use this cropping tool in games a lot as an easy way to take screenshots, but i've noticed that some games are automatically minimized after taking the snip this happens both directly from the snip&sketch tool as well as with the print screen shortcut button, which i assume...
  6. snip & sketch minimizes the game window after taking a snip

in Windows 10 Customization
    snip & sketch minimizes the game window after taking a snip: I use this cropping tool in games a lot as an easy way to take screenshots, but i've noticed that some games are automatically minimized after taking the snip this happens both directly from the snip&sketch tool as well as with the print screen shortcut button, which i assume...
  7. Snip & Sketch - Does not take snip after selection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - Does not take snip after selection: I have used Snip & Sketch for a long time without problem. A day ago I brought it up, selected a part of the screen, released the mouse key, and nothing happened. The screen was still grayed out and the selection was still on the screen. I can click on another part of the...
  8. What is the file location of the new Snip & Sketch

What is the file location of the new Snip & Sketch: Snipping tool has been replaced by Snip & Sketch in the newest Windows 10 version and I need to find out where it is located so I can create a shortcut for it on my desktop. Where can I find this? For Snipping tool it was easy. "Open file location". Snip & Sketch is harder...
  9. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip before Closing Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other...
  10. Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen,...