Windows 10: Delete MS account "used by another app"

Discus and support Delete MS account "used by another app" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have on my laptop an MS account to which I no longer have access and no longer need. But I get constant notifications to update its settings so, of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JEM-optimistic, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Delete MS account "used by another app"

I have on my laptop an MS account to which I no longer have access and no longer need. But I get constant notifications to update its settings so, of course, I want to delete it.

However, there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this as, when you select it and click on "Manage" you are asked to sign in. Obviously, I can't do that.

Can anyone let me know how they have managed to deal effectively with this problem?

:)

JEM-optimistic, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 21, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Delete MS account "used by another app"

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Delete MS account "used by another app" [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Delete MS account "used by another app"

1. Delete MS account "used by another app" - Similar Threads - Delete account used

2. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  3. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  4. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps': I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with one of my accounts. It was my school account from college. I want to remove it but when I go to manage it and sign in. I just get an access denied error after I sign in. I just want this account removed from my...
  6. Delete a ms account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete a ms account: I have lost a password to a ms account. When I follow MS advice to delete that account I invariably end up in situation where I am asked to "verify" means use your password. How can I get out of this mess? I have spent months on this MS mess. Would appreciate any advice that...
  7. Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App is using the name for one account for another account.: Hi, I have two Gmail Accounts connected to the Windows 10 Mail App. Let's call them A and B. I've had A connected to the app for a few years, but connected B a year or so ago, but I don't often send emails from that one. Today, I needed to send an email from B, so I sent...
  8. Migrating Microsoft account to another MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Microsoft account to another MS account: Dear Support I have a microsoft account (email) provided through a University (many years ago). This account is associated with my Windows account etc. The Uni is withdrawing the service. Now I tried to add my new outlook.com email as an alias, however it tells me it's...
  9. Delete an account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete an account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts": My problem is the account is listed in "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts" in my windows 10. I wish to delete the account from "accounts used by other apps" in "email and app accounts" . When i try to delete the account it tells me the account does not...
  10. Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?: I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account to the MSA. In Win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete an account used by another app

2. how to delete win10 email and app accounts

3. how to remove accounts from windows 10 accounts used by other apps

4. microsfot account used by other app,
  5. windows 10 remove accounts used by other apps,
  6. accounts used by other apps remove,
  7. no remove in account used by other apps