Windows 10: Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

Discus and support Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; First question, Do downloaded apps on another account show up on another from app history. I know its hard to understand what I mean but in the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by icurvetiffany, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

First question,

Do downloaded apps on another account show up on another from app history. I know its hard to understand what I mean but in the windows 10 store uninstalled apps are still present, so I was wondering if those apps show up on other accounts. You cannot delete them from downloads and update section at all on one account so if I use another account to try out apps will they show up in the store for all users.

Second question,

If they don't show up on the main account, if I delete my other account will the uninstalled apps still be able to be found or anything like that.

I'm just trying to find out a way to get rid of pesky uninstalled apps still showing up. Answering these questions directly will greatly help.

Thanks

:)

icurvetiffany, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

Deleting microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Are you trying to access emails using a Mail app or Office Outlook?

If you are using a Mail app, then I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    If you want to delete the account, then you need to create a new account/use existing Microsoft account and then give administrator permissions to it, then delete the old account.

Or other option is switching to a local account, then when switching a Microsoft account, it will ask you for the account, then enter a different email address and password.

Follow the steps below.

Step 1

Refer the link below to create a new account and to switch to a local account.

Set up accounts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Step 2

Follow the steps to change the account type of the new account to administrator by navigating to user accounts under control panel:

a. Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.

b. Click on User accounts.

c. Click on Manage another account.

d. Click on the new account that you have just created.

e. Click on Change account type settings.

f. Click on Change account type.

g. Click on Administrator.

h. Click on Change account type.

i. Restart the computer and log in through the new administrator account.

Step 3

To remove the account log into your old account and delete it.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

1. Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main - Similar Threads - Deleting Microsoft Account

2. Can not login to my main pc with my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not login to my main pc with my microsoft account: Microsoft account tells me to setup a new pin. Then goes back to the same thing. setup a new pin this is a window 11 computer. I can login to my share machine but not my main pc. desktop error sync.can you help asap need to be work today ....
  3. Can not login to my main pc with my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not login to my main pc with my microsoft account: Microsoft account tells me to setup a new pin. Then goes back to the same thing. setup a new pin this is a window 11 computer. I can login to my share machine but not my main pc. desktop error sync.can you help asap need to be work today ....
  4. Regarding my main Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding my main Microsoft account.: I had a microsoft account on the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I had gone on vacation for two days. After two days when i came back on the microsoft account website it shows that you don't have a microsoft account. I haven't received any email saying...
  5. Regarding my main Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding my main Microsoft account.: I had a microsoft account on the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I had gone on vacation for two days. After two days when i came back on the microsoft account website it shows that you don't have a microsoft account. I haven't received any email saying...
  6. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  7. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  8. I accidentally deleted my main microsoft account file with .bak on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally deleted my main microsoft account file with .bak on it: I accidentally deleted this file when I tried to fix my pc, because it always says that it can't sign in to my account. It always puts me in a temporary account. Now, whenever I try to sign in on my account which is still directing me into a temporary account, the screen goes...
  9. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  10. Selling PC Want to delete main account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Selling PC Want to delete main account: I have Win 10 pro on my other PC. I want to delete the Microsoft account before I sell it. How do I do this? I not want to start over & reinstall Windows 7 & make a new account before I sell it. I have fresh install now but it used my email addy to log into windows. Also If...