Windows 10: Desktop Icons all gone?

Discus and support Desktop Icons all gone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Korbank, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Korbank Win User

Desktop Icons all gone?

I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated.
    wayne

:)

Korbank, Jun 20, 2016
  2. GaryP86 Win User

Change Font and Icon size for Windows 10

To resize the desktop icons, select all the icons on the desktop (or only the ones you want to resize), hold down the Control key and rotate the mouse wheel. All of the selected icons will resize.

GaryP86, Jun 20, 2016
  3. change desk icon size in windows 10

On a tablet?

I was talking about the desktop icons, not the file explorer icons.

Using a tablet but not in tablet mode since that is so bad now.

Anonymous Insider, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Desktop Icons all gone?

Brink, Jun 20, 2016
  5. Korbank Win User
    Thank you for your helpful comment, Brink. The App Icons is/are checked... still no icons. Another weird thing happened at the same time it seems. I can no longer re-size my apps such as Windows Explorer. It is either all minimized or full screen open... makes it tough to drag files to the desktop. I have no idea if these two issues are related but it is starting to make me feel less warm about Win10.
    All help is kindly acknowledged,
    wayne

Korbank, Jun 21, 2016
  6. Gayle Win User
    It should be a profile issue and you're logged in with a temporary profile.
    Go to the C:\Users\<user_name>\Desktop folder, check if your desktop icons are there.

Gayle, Jun 21, 2016
  7. Korbank Win User
    Thanks Gayle. I am logged in with my normal profile. There are 8 icons in the ...\Desktop folder. There should be closer to 25. Even those 8 do not show up on my desktop screen. It is just blank. I hate to take this puter and throw it in the trash but am getting close to that. OMG do I have to get an Apple? Wind10 seems to not be kind to me. /wayne

Korbank, Jun 21, 2016
  8. Gayle Win User

Desktop Icons all gone?

Check all the Desktop folders for all your user accounts under C:\Users, I hope you can find all your icons somewhere.
    When Windows fails to load your profile normally, it will automatically create a temporary profile on the background and your desktop will look like what it was the first time you turn on the computer.

Gayle, Jun 21, 2016
  9. Korbank Win User
    Checked the other user desktop folder (which is also me) on the box. There were 9 icons in that folder. No clue where the others went... maybe god took them, or Microsoft. If I were Jewish, you could say that I am verklempt. Something weird is going on...

Korbank, Jun 21, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 21, 2016
  11. Korbank Win User
    Thanks Brink, the tablet mode was, in fact, turned on! Not sure how that happened but at least I can re-size now, etc. Also my desktop icons are fully intact..../wayne

Korbank, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons all gone?

1. Desktop Icons all gone? - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons gone

2. Application icons are all gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application icons are all gone.: My english is really broke, but i'll still try to explain this. So, suddenly, almost all of my icons are gone, they're just blank. But here's the thing - when i pin whatever app to the taskbar, and then unpin it, it somehow brings app icon back. Here's the example:...
  3. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  4. Desktop Icons gone haywire

Desktop Icons gone haywire: When I turned on my Windows 10 laptop the other morning, my desktop icons were spread out in 4 rows, with many of them missing. I have not installed or uninstalled anything on this computer for many weeks. I do a complete full shutdown nightly Fast Startup is turned off. The...
  5. Red desktop background and all icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red desktop background and all icons are gone: I recently booted up my pc after a while and the background is now red, my icons are gone, and whenever I try to do anything it just loads for a while and then does nothing. submitted by /u/Zuedead115 [link] [comments]...
  6. Normal Desktop Icons all gone

Normal Desktop Icons all gone: My Windows 10 Desktop suddenly doesn't show my usual icons--I had personalized it with links I use often. Now, it only shows my background photo and icons i'm not familiar with. Am I in a different mode that I don't realize? It doesn't show any browser options ??? and...
  7. Folders/icons on desktop gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders/icons on desktop gone: I am on 1903 I will explain this as it played out I had battlenet on my computer but it was a blank icon..tried uninstalling it but it wouldn't let me. I could not get it to uninstall. Not sure why it was blank..i never uninstalled it before. I downloaded a fresh copy of...
  8. Desktop not accessible/available. Then on reboot all icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop not accessible/available. Then on reboot all icons gone: No idea what happened here or even if this is fixable. All of a sudden I got an error message that desktop not accessible despite it being available ten minutes before. I rolled back to prior version of windows-that didn't fix it. I rebooted again. I can put stuff...
  9. All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons & thumbnails gone in Windows Explorer & desktop: Hi all, On turning on my laptop yesterday (for the first time in a couple of days), all my icons are now missing: [img] This also includes thumbnails, etc: [img] I have tried restarting / full shutdown a few times with no effect. Any suggestions much...
  10. All icons are gone (everywhere)

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons are gone (everywhere): Hi, something really weird happened after I restarted my computer. The icons in my desktop, folders, etc (everywhere) are gone. (see the pictures) [img] [img] I rebooted a bunch of times and even did a system restore but it's still not displaying any of the icons....