Windows 10: Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

Discus and support Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After spending time searching how to disable the Windows 10 Home lock screen I finally came across these 2 articles which worked for me.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DaveCullen2, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

After spending time searching how to disable the Windows 10 Home lock screen I finally came across these 2 articles which worked for me.

how-disable-windows-10-lock-screen

how-to-change-the-windows-10-lock-screen-timeout

This is posted to help the hundreds who are still frustrated with this or are told it's only possible on Windows 10 Pro

I hope it helps someone

:)

DaveCullen2, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

@Brink I don't think your phrasing is actually what you mean? You can't change computer settings from the lock screen as far as I know. This tutorial is about changing the amount of time it takes for the computer to timeout to "console lock display off," which is set to 1 minute by default and which sends me to the lock screen. I know the lock screen is also accessible by pressing Win+L but this tutorial is certainly not meant to be applied while I am on the lock screen.

I have made sure my display isn't turning off for any other reason (screen saver, sleep, etc), and gone through and completed the steps in this tutorial, including the registry edit that places the console lock display off option in advanced power settings. Changing the numbers to any value in this menu has no impact on how long the computer takes to lock & turn off the display after no action - it is still about 2 minutes. Could there be another computer setting causing it to lock up'?

EDIT: I have a second monitor attached by HDMI, which appears to be the cause of the timeout. When I detach the monitor the computer does not lock up.

win10noob0010, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition

1. Disable/Change timeout Windows 10 Lock Screen on Home edition - Similar Threads - Disable Change timeout

2. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  3. How to disable Lock screen? - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable Lock screen? - Microsoft Windows 10 Home: Hello all,I decided to follow this video on how to disable lock screen as I only use my laptop at home and find it unnecessary to login.https://youtu.be/XNiMPJbaags?t=127 Explained around 2:07My version of windows does not have the personalization folder, so I followed what...
  4. Windows 10 Home Screen Timeout not Working

Windows 10 Home Screen Timeout not Working: On a Windows 10 Home system, I have the screen lockout set to 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, the monitors turn off correctly but immediately turn back on without any mouse movement or anything. This was working but stopped when I was trying to setup a bluetooth usb adapter....
  5. Lock Screen Timeout

Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  6. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  7. Screen lock or timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  8. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...
  9. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please. Thanks Jeannie...
  10. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 How to Change "Console lock display off timeout" in Windows 10 Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable time in windows 10 home edition