Windows 10: Display, desktop, lock, and timeout

Discus and support Display, desktop, lock, and timeout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are 3 different personalized screens I am finding. The standard desktop background, and the lock screen. I am having trouble finding a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WETBATMAN, Sep 7, 2018.

1. WETBATMAN Win User

Display, desktop, lock, and timeout

There are 3 different personalized screens I am finding. The standard desktop background, and the lock screen. I am having trouble finding a way to customize this 3rd screen which is a timeout screen that plays a slideshow about a minute after inactivity. I move the mouse or push a key and my computer isn't locked, just going to this slideshow. I can't find out how to customize it as I have been able to for the desktop and the lock screens. Any advice?

:)

WETBATMAN, Sep 7, 2018

2. Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Display, desktop, lock, and timeout - Similar Threads - Display desktop lock

2. Simple Display and Console Lock Timeout Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Simple Display and Console Lock Timeout Question: Windows 10 19041, but I don't think the build number makes any differenceI would like to have the following behaviour for screen off and console lock to be:1. Screen OFF after 10 minutes idle and not just black/blank screen with screensaver that leaves the monitor powered...
  3. Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout: I am on Windows 10 Enterprise. I use Remote Desktop Connection to remote into Windows 2012 and Window 2016 Servers and often move back and forth between my machine one or more remote servers. The timeout period, before the RDC forces me to re-enter my password seems very...
  4. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  5. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  6. Screen lock or timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  7. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...
  8. Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Console Lock Display Dff Timeout not working on 10: I have added the Console Lock Display off time out to the advanced power options. However; the display does not turn off after locking the desktop. The only solution i could find in Windows 8 was to reset the user security policies , but i cannot find that option in Windows...
  9. Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10: How to: Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10 How to Change "Console lock display off timeout" in Windows 10 Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the...
  10. Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen and timeout not needed for desktop!: I notice that the tablet/phone lock screen is still appearing for Desktop/Laptop installs and wonder why. Previously when I enable turning off the lock screen in gpedit.msc it turns off the lock screen timeout too. But on the latest build I still get a much sooner...