Windows 10: display problems following windows 10 update to 1709

Discus and support display problems following windows 10 update to 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating to 1709 all windows documents, desktop icons have annoying pink tinges and black print is not always well defined. Please see uploaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sigmolio, Mar 18, 2018.

1. sigmolio Win User

display problems following windows 10 update to 1709

After updating to 1709 all windows documents, desktop icons have annoying pink tinges and black print
    is not always well defined. Please see uploaded image. Parts of individual letters are thicker than others.
    I'm not tech savvy, sorry to say, but I can follow instructions.
    Any help would be appreciated.

display problems following windows 10 update to 1709 [​IMG]

:)

sigmolio, Mar 18, 2018

2. Error In windows updated in my laptop

While Updating windows, the following error is displaying:

Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4041994) - Error 0x80070643

PundrikKabra, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Rhodan516 Win User
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 Error 0x80240034

Hi, I have followed your instructions. My version is showing as 1709 (OS Build 16299.192) and not
    16299.64 as you have stated? Does this make any difference? If not I will wait for the next Windows 10 Feature Update which should hopefully remove the failed feature update (Windows 10 version 1709 error 0x80240034) which is currently
    displayed in my update history.

Rhodan516, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 18, 2018
  5. sigmolio Win User
    Hello Brink. Thanks for your kind welcome. I tried all the text samples offered but none were satisfactory - all had fat and thin parts to individual letters.
    Just to add, after the update a couple of keys on the keyboard changed function so, to get this @ I had to press the double speech mark key.Plus lots of pink edges where I'd expected white backgrounds.

sigmolio, Mar 18, 2018
  6. Hi sigmolio, check display adapter driver & monitor type in Device Manager - they can be replaced by generic ones by the "upgrade" process. Also check if screen resolution is correct.

muchomurka, Mar 18, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Double check to make sure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed, and check to make sure your monitor's built-in settings haven't been changed by mistake.

If that doesn't help, you might also see if calibrating your display with Color Management may help.

*Arrow Display Color Calibration - Windows 7 Help Forums

If you have more than one language added, you might check to see if your keyboard layout has the correct language selected for it. This could explain the change of key function.

*Arrow Change Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Mar 18, 2018
  8. sigmolio Win User

All the drivers are apparently up to date , monitor settings, screen resolutions are those recommended .
    Could this be relevant ? Display adaptor properties, monitor props,events and found this (image uploaded)

sigmolio, Mar 18, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It could be.

I've found the Compaq Q1859 Series Wide LCD monitor driver for Windows below at HP's website below.

*Arrow HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

It only supports up to Windows 8.1 though. Windows 10 is not listed. Click on the "Driver" tab in your screenshot. If the driver is older than the one at HP above, you could try installing the newer driver. If it doesn't want to install, you could try installing it in "Compatibility Mode" for Window 8.1.

I would recommend to create a restore point first to be extra safe though. This way you could do a quick system restore to undo this if it doesn't give a desired affect.

*Arrow Change Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Mar 18, 2018
  10. Your monitor INF "driver" should be ok. Also check if your display adapter driver is right and display scaling - 125% looks ugly.

muchomurka, Mar 18, 2018
  11. Hi,
    On the prior tutorial color calibration on sevenforums I'd look at the All Profiles tab section and see what is showing on the ICC list near the bottom
    If not using a sRGB profile switch to it for display.

ThrashZone, Mar 18, 2018
  12. sigmolio Win User
    Thanks all for your help. Print now looks good. Brink, I followed your link to HP customer support, then product home page, and followed instructions to reset to factory settings using buttons on the side of the monitor.
    Pink tinges have gone and print is clear.
    Many thanks. You guys are impressive.
    Regards from London

sigmolio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. display problems following windows 10 update to 1709 - Similar Threads - display problems following

2. Windows 10 display update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 display update problem: Hello, I noticed on my windows 10 that after I updated my display, my mouse auto centres it self and if i go to devices on the control panel i will see that the there is another php_monitor that goes on and off and i also hear a plug in and plug out sound from the system....
  3. Windows 10 display update problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 display update problem: Hello, I noticed on my windows 10 that after I updated my display, my mouse auto centres it self and if i go to devices on the control panel i will see that the there is another php_monitor that goes on and off and i also hear a plug in and plug out sound from the system....
  4. Windows 10 update 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1709: [ATTACH]I am trying to update my HP laptop and i get an error every time i try to update 1709 This is what posts in my updates. it then let it go all the way to 100% then just says pending install.. then i try to install it again and the same thing. The additional updates...
  5. Problem with windows 10 following update possibly coincidence

Problem with windows 10 following update possibly coincidence: Hi all, I ave an older HP Probook Windows 8 Pro laptop that had been successfully running having been updated to windows 10 pro. I recently performed the latest Windows 10 update and subsequently received a hard drive error (probably a coincidence, now the laptop does not...
  6. windows update and problems that follow it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update and problems that follow it.: With the latest windows 10 update last week, I can no longer, stay signed in to Chrome or save any changes to my windows desktop. I unpin and stop live updates on the news feed and several other apps and then switch off the PC and when I switch on again everything is back and...
  7. windows 10 1709 update

windows 10 1709 update: Windows 10 update for versions 1709 64 bit systems #KB4489886 has failed 12 times. After a failed update it it tries to install it again. Gets to 53% and then fails to update. Clueless what to do. Did run trouble shooter and said problems were fixed....
  8. Windows Desktop Failure to Display following update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Desktop Failure to Display following update: My laptop will not show the desktop or anything else I have installed following a MS update. I get the prompt "Location is not available" C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop. I have tried WINDOWS + R and msconfig / General / Normal Startup and it makes no...
  9. Feature update version 1709 problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update version 1709 problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.936) on an Acer Travelmate P253 Laptop. According to the Acer information, update to Windows 10, version 1709 is not compatible with my Laptop.So, I downloaded and used the "Show or Hide Updates tool"...
  10. Bluetooth Problems since 1709 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Problems since 1709 Update: The latest Windows update has ruined my most important periphery: Most of my keyboards and most of my mice cannot be connected anymore with most of my PCs (I even sold my Huawei Matebook as it only has BT for wireless connection of input devices without attaching an...