Windows 10: Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10 ClearType makes the text you see on your displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10

ClearType makes the text you see on your displays sharper, clearer, and easier to read.

This tutorial will show you how to to turn on or off ClearType Text Tuner for each display for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type cttune in Run, and click/tap on OK to open ClearType Text Tuner.

2. Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) the Turn on ClearType check box for what you want to do, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

*note You can quickly check or uncheck Turn on ClearType to see a preview of how your text would look with and without ClearType.

Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. If you have multiple displays, you will be asked to select Yes or No to tune all displays or only one selected dispay, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

4. If your display is not set to it's native screen resolution, then you will be asked to select to change to native resolution or keep current resolution, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

5. Click/tap on the text sample (1 of 5) that looks best to you, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

6. Click/tap on the text sample (2 of 5) that looks best to you, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

7. Click/tap on the text sample (3 of 5) that looks best to you, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

8. Click/tap on the text sample (4 of 5) that looks best to you, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

9. Click/tap on the text sample (5 of 5) that looks best to you, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshots below)

10. If you have multiple displays and selected Yes in step 3 above, then click/tap on Next and go to step 4 above to repeat these steps for your other displays. (see screenshots below)

11. When finished, click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 16, 2014

2. How to reset ClearType text to factory settings in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

How to Make Text Easier to Read using ClearType in Windows 10

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.
    • On the appearance of last window click Finish after completing the tuning of the text for your monitor.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Win 10 fonts jagged and thin

Hi Jakobsen,

If you encounter the same issue in the further then, I would suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Cleartype text.

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.
    • Check mark on the Turn on Cleartype.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10

IE9: ClearType forced on

Is your problem on this iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 (1920x1200 26" LCD)? I'm surprised. Or are you operating the monitor in portrait mode?

May i suggest setting display dpi to 120, then run cleartype tuner (download from MS)

Of course, we wouldnt need to bother with cleartype if we had higher pixel density displays! *Pimp Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10 :pimp:

Completely Bonkers, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Eric Ber Win User
    Font too light after Nov 2017 windows update

Hi Lashawn,

Conflicts with the ClearType text settings is one of hte possible reasons why you have a light font after the update. We suggest that you try changing the ClearType settings by following the steps below:

• Type cleartype text in the search bar and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Isha Soni Win User
    Some Blur issue in windows 10

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response.

Try these font Settings and check.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Cleartype text

• Press Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type Cleartype text in the search bar of Windows and click on the
      Adjust Cleartype text.
    If the issue persists then follow the next method.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type Font in the search bar of Windows and click on
      Font settings.
    • Click restore default font settings.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off ClearType in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off ClearType

2. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  3. Windows 10 - turning on touchscreen after turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - turning on touchscreen after turn off: Hello,I'm working as a QA engineer and i have some kind of problem with touchscreen and display.For testing purposes i need to solve problem with one of our testing machine, where is only touchscreen no keyboard or mouse plugged in.Power plan is set in a specific way and it...
  4. ClearType inconsistency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    ClearType inconsistency in Windows 10: Hi, Can somebody shed some light on the following inconsistency of ClearType of Windows 10? I have defined some specific registry keys for ClearType parameters as explained here:...
  5. Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When connected in the same network as other devices, you can share the files and settings of your Windows 10 computer with the other connected […] This article Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Turn OFF windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn OFF windows 10 updates: Hi, I have a 14gb windows tablet and as soon as I install a fresh copy of windows, I have 6-8gb free on my install drive. Later on, as soon as I connect to the internet, it all gets filled up and my tablet starts to lag. I don't really know where the updates are...
  7. Cleartype settings keep on resetting

Cleartype settings keep on resetting: I am unable to change the default clear type settings. I change the setting an finish the process, the window closes but there are no changes in the text view. The setting reset to the default values everytime I click on finish......
  8. Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.

in Windows 10 Support
    Even with ClearType off, Text in system apps is multi colored.: Hi. I'm struggling to remove that weird multi-colored text that, in the past, has been associated with sub-pixel anti-aliasing like Clear Type. Here's an example: [img] I've tried two things with no improvement: 1) Turn off ClearType in the ClearType Text Tuner 2) Turn...
  9. Bat file to turn on ClearType.

Bat file to turn on ClearType.: Hi there Ive noticed that as soon as I connect to webex, ClearType is turned off and my text looks pixelated. In older windows versions, I used to be able to run a bat file to automate it being turned back on: %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe...
  10. Turning off Windows 10 screen

Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust cleartype text link

2. adjust clear type text link

3. adjust cleartype text win 2019