Windows 10: Do I need to pay for 2 separate Microsoft accounts.

Discus and support Do I need to pay for 2 separate Microsoft accounts. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Somehow I managed to sign up for 2 Microsoft accounts. One under my personal email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the other under ***... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TomLewis7, May 11, 2020.

1. TomLewis7 Win User

Do I need to pay for 2 separate Microsoft accounts.

Somehow I managed to sign up for 2 Microsoft accounts. One under my personal email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and the other under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . Please advise if I need both and cancel the later if its redundant.

:)

TomLewis7, May 11, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Separate 2 computers from 1 Microsoft account

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you want to remove the Microsoft account from one of the two computers, I suggest to convert the Microsoft account to a local account on one of the computers. This will separate two computers from the same Microsoft account.

Please refer this article
    Switch your Windows 10 device to a local account

However, if you don’t want to convert the user account to a local account, then you need to use a different Microsoft email ID to separate two computers.

To use a different Microsoft email account on one of the computer, you first need to convert the current account to a local account by following the same steps provided in the article above, then click on
    Sign-in with Microsoft account instead option from settings and enter the different Microsoft credentials that you wish to use.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 11, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 11, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Do I need to pay for 2 separate Microsoft accounts. - Similar Threads - need pay separate

2. How do I restore separate Microsoft accounts ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore separate Microsoft accounts ?: My husband and I have always maintained our own Favorites on our 2 computers.I recently purchase a new laptop, with Windows 11. He is still using his desktop PC with Windows 10. Suddenly, our Favorites have merged. I'm seeing his Favorites all mixed in with mine, and he's...
  3. How do I restore separate Microsoft accounts ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore separate Microsoft accounts ?: My husband and I have always maintained our own Favorites on our 2 computers.I recently purchase a new laptop, with Windows 11. He is still using his desktop PC with Windows 10. Suddenly, our Favorites have merged. I'm seeing his Favorites all mixed in with mine, and he's...
  4. Do you need separate Microsoft account for Rachel PC?

Do you need separate Microsoft account for Rachel PC?: Do you need a separate Microsoft account for each PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-separate-microsoft-account-for-rachel/ddb0ed48-dbaf-447f-bbea-7a577e8fc36e
  5. Do you need separate Microsoft account for Rachel PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you need separate Microsoft account for Rachel PC?: Do you need a separate Microsoft account for each PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-separate-microsoft-account-for-rachel/ddb0ed48-dbaf-447f-bbea-7a577e8fc36e
  6. Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?: My own account has admin privileges, but I have a separate Admin account in addition to the built in Administrator account. Not sure I recall creating it to b e honest.Do I need this separate account?...
  7. Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?

Do I need a separate admin account in Windows 11?: My own account has admin privileges, but I have a separate Admin account in addition to the built in Administrator account. Not sure I recall creating it to b e honest.Do I need this separate account?...
  8. Do you need to pay for Microsoft Rewards?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Do you need to pay for Microsoft Rewards?: Is getting, for example, a $5 microsoft gift card with microsoft rewards points meant to cost any real world money, or is it obtainable by default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-to-pay-for-microsoft-rewards/22b50d87-4ad1-46c7-bb44-4f847473b31e
  9. Do we "need" a separate admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Do we "need" a separate admin account?: I used to do this on my Win7 machines, pretty much because the internet told me I should. Is this still recommended practice? Some forum folks have said no, arguing that UAC provides the same protection. But that might have been with the caveat of UAC cranked to the max, I...
  10. Do we "need" a separate admin account?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do we "need" a separate admin account?: I used to do this on my Win7 machines, pretty much because the internet told me I should. Is this still recommended practice? Some forum folks have said no, arguing that UAC provides the same protection. But that might have been with the caveat of UAC cranked to the max, I...