Documents folder missing in Start list

Discus and support Documents folder missing in Start list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; IF anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. When I click one of the shortcuts in the start menu, I am informed that windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TriguyRN, Jul 26, 2015.

1. TriguyRN Win User

IF anyone could help me out here I would really appreciate it. When I click one of the shortcuts in the start menu, I am informed that windows cannot find the specified location.

Documents folder missing in Start list [​IMG]

When I try to navigate to the location, windows wont let me select it. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? Windows is looking for a file to navigate to when I get that prompt but, I need to specify a folder to get the shortcut I want. I tried to use a shortcut as well but, when I select, it opens the file location and cant be used as a specified file from what I can tell.

:)

TriguyRN, Jul 26, 2015
  2. sultan suhail Win User

windows is searching for documents. to locate the file yourself

Hello

i have a problem every time i open downloads or documents from the start menu it says

missing shortcut

windows is searching for documents. to locate the file yourself

i have tried to locate the documents folder but it didn't work same for the downloads folder

sultan suhail, Jul 26, 2015
  3. scottmar98 Win User
    Missing folder in "Documents" (?!)

Thanks for responding.

1. No changes were made.

2. My computer>Documents (all other folders are there, one is missing)

3. I'm referring to right-clicking on File explorer where there is a choice of 'restoring previous versions."

Someone suggested something called EaseUSRecovery Wizard. Does it do anything?

scottmar98, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Triguy, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Did you by chance remove the Documents folder from This PC?

If so, then see if restoring it using OPTION TWO below, then afterwards you can remove it again using OPTION ONE if you like without it breaking in Start now. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 26, 2015
  5. TriguyRN Win User
    I did in fact remove those folders and following your instructions fixed the issue. Thank you! Now, this is probably a more difficult issue but, is there anyway to remap the location that the documents and music buttons in the start menu go to because I keep my music and documents on my D drive rather than my C drive.

TriguyRN, Jul 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news.

You could see how doing this below, but for your Music and Documents folder instead, may help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

If that doesn't work out, then you could just include the folders on your D drive to the appropriate libraries, and set them as the default save location for the library. This way you can access them via the library, and anything you save to the library gets saved to the folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Documents folder missing in Start list - Similar Threads - Documents folder missing

2. Windows 10 Shared Folder Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Shared Folder Not Showing: I worked around this with a hyperlink on another computer using Windows 10 that I have now deactivated, now have a new computer and am having the same issue. I have used troubleshooters and explored old posts and tried most even going into run - Function Discovery Resource...
  3. Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!: I tried deleting (after copying it to another location) the %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps folder in order to perform a system restore. The restore point gave me an WindowsApps error, so I searched the internet and found several workarounds consisting on deleting or renaming that...
  4. Error message "Unable to add printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Error 0x80041001 Generic...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message "Unable to add printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Error 0x80041001 Generic...: When attempting to open Quickbooks 2017 or 2018, I get an error message about a component missing. "Component required for PDF print from QuickBooks is missing". A link is provided for installing the required component. I ran the tool provided but received the following...
  5. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  6. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...: Hi everyone, I dual booted my windows 10 on an Asus n550jx laptop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and everything worked fine until I decided to remove my ubuntu. I created a usb recovery drive in windows which eventually got 8 Gbytes of space in my usb. I booted from it and it was...
  7. How to Add new Folder in Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add new Folder in Mail app: I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-add-new-folder-in-mail-app/eba6a52e-a019-454e-a1af-a203f296706e
  8. best folder locker software for windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    best folder locker software for windows 10: I urgently need a best folder locker software for windows 10, to keep my private files and documents safe and secure. If anyone knows, then, please reply me I will be thankful to you...
  9. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  10. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display: When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list, 1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks, 2. it...