Windows 10: Does relative's laptop have password

Discus and support Does relative's laptop have password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My father just passed away. His laptop is on now but I'm afraid to turn it off because I don't now if he uses a password to turn it back on (log into... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SuzanneJeanne, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Does relative's laptop have password

My father just passed away. His laptop is on now but I'm afraid to turn it off because I don't now if he uses a password to turn it back on (log into Windows). It's an HP with Windows 10. How do I tell if he used a password?

:)

SuzanneJeanne, Feb 27, 2018

2. Slow performance in Windows 10.

Original title: laptop tidy-up

My laptop is getting increasingly painful to use. It is a relatively new HP laptop. I have tried to run cleanup programs but this does not improve anything. Is there anything I can do to make it faster to use.

Technophobe_869, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Deceased relatives account password

Hi,

We would like to know if there's any update regarding your concern. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Julie Ram, Feb 27, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Does relative's laptop have password

Open Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options. If it looks like this, there's password attached to the User under 'Your info'.

Does relative's laptop have password [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 27, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
  6. Try3 Win User
    If you are in any doubt at all then use the existing account to create an additional password-protected Admin-level local account. That will ensure that you can get back into the computer with access to all its existing files if you do end up restarting the computer.

There's a useful tutorial at Account - Add in Windows 10

Creating a spare password-protected Admin-level local account is always a useful precaution to take even in the absence of any problems or confusion about existing accounts.

Do write the new account's password down somewhere secure - there is no need to consider the facility that local accounts have to create a 'Password reset disk' because that is just a glorified alternative to a piece of paper.

Denis

7. Bree New Member
    Don't forget to make it an administrator, a new account is created as a standard user initially.

Change Account Type in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does relative's laptop have password

1. Does relative's laptop have password - Similar Threads - Does relative's laptop

2. Does my laptop have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does my laptop have a virus: Hi, so I was on my laptop and it started to freeze and then after like 20 mins it shut off. I left it for a while but when I opened my laptop it said “you’ve entered the incorrect pin several times, to try again enter a1b2c3” , even though I never put in my pin. I don’t know...
  3. related to password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    related to password: can anyone of u tell me .....if the password of local account of pc / laptop stores in SAM file so where does the password of MICROSOFT Account saves??? it is save in somewhere in inside pc and laptop where that i really want to know...
  4. Why is my laptop doing this? Does this relate to color settings?

Why is my laptop doing this? Does this relate to color settings?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fred37196 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kql9rc/why_is_my_laptop_doing_this_does_this_relate_to/
  5. “Password incorrect “ but I don’t have a password on my laptop

“Password incorrect “ but I don’t have a password on my laptop: So after I updated my laptop , it said password incorrect even when I knew it was right . I restored my laptop to before the update and removed the password. I updated it again and this this it just says “sign in” , when I click that it says “incorrect password” and just goes...
  6. My laptop does not have a bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop does not have a bluetooth: I am using a lenovo thinkpad, processor is core i7vpro and it does not have a bluetooth icon even when I search for it in device manager it does not appear , anyone please help what should I do?...
  7. Laptop Usage Related

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Usage Related: Hey All at Microsoft Community, I wanted to know about 2 things about daily laptop usage, 1 I always have my laptop Lenovo G50-70 plugged-in to charger, and it does benefits me cause it increases performance of my device my changing power plans to high performance, but my...
  8. Laptop Usage Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Usage Related: Hey All at Microsoft Community, I wanted to know about 2 things about daily laptop usage, 1 I always have my laptop Lenovo G50-70 plugged-in to charger, and it does benefits me cause it increases performance of my device my changing power plans to high performance, but my...
  9. Does Windows Defender have a password manager?

Does Windows Defender have a password manager?: I am used to Norton who stores all my passwords to my frequently visited sites. Does Windows Defender have a similar feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-defender-have-a-password-manager/40ce3499-1129-4a1b-acf7-396d4159c491"
  10. Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords.

Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords.: I have questions about resetting user and administrator access on my computer. The questions spring from something I inadvertently, but stupidly, did several years ago, if memory serves, after a Windows 10 Update that such that selecting the Security and Updates Tab in...