Windows 10: Does Sway require to be connected to Windows with an MS account ?

Discus and support Does Sway require to be connected to Windows with an MS account ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I know that I need an MS account to use Sway but I have heard that it only works if I'm connected to my Windows session with an MS account, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samoreen, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Samoreen Win User

Does Sway require to be connected to Windows with an MS account ?

Hi,

I know that I need an MS account to use Sway but I have heard that it only works if I'm connected to my Windows session with an MS account, not with a local account. Is this true ?

If this is the case, I don't need to worry about Sway opening and closing immediately when I launch it because I'm only using local accounts (Windows 10 Pro 1809 - Office 2010). Otherwise, I need to find a fix for this problem (I have tried all suggested workarounds available on the Web, to no avail). All other Store apps work normally, only Sway crashes upon launch without any error message.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Samoreen, Feb 17, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Does Sway require to be connected to Windows with an MS account ? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Brink Win User

Office Sway: bringing more search and more intelligence

Source...

Brink, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Sway require to be connected to Windows with an MS account ? - Similar Threads - Does Sway require

2. Unable to use any MS services requiring connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use any MS services requiring connectivity: I'm reposting this query from Edge, since the problem is far more than just Edge. No MS services requiring connectivity are working for last 2-3 weeks except internet explorer.Edge gives err_connection_refused/aborted , One Drive will not connect after entering email, Skype...
  3. Connecting devices with MS account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connecting devices with MS account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?...
  4. Connection to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connection to MS account: Good morning, the connection with my Microsoft account is no longer made: the error in Microsoft Store, office 2016 and in windows 10 is the same: too many tries with this product. Please note that I have no issues on the websites : i'm connected here with the account I...
  5. Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a Device to Microsoft Account Requires a MS Account User: I noticed that my newer Windows 10 computer had not been added to my list of devices on my Microsoft Account so I attempted to add it, only to find out that apparently the computer must be logged in to a Microsoft account user in order to do this. I only have local accounts...
  6. Does updating Windows 10 requires a internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does updating Windows 10 requires a internet connection: I just download the update and started updating the system thus updating the system requires connection of internet after download... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-updating-windows-10-requires-a-internet/69478ae9-a5a1-4138-ac7b-0ae91b38e6c6
  7. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/df481d11-8584-4b7c-813c-c619cd37a497
  8. MS Edge does not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Edge does not connect to the internet.: MS Edge does not connect to the internet whilst MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/ms-edge-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/b6ecb954-037f-405b-87f1-ed5ec6c0f28e
  9. Sway to run

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sway to run: I have loaded photos in sway but cannot get to run video or play music! This is my first time using Sway. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/sway-to-run/2dc06a5b-81b6-4799-8372-fb9bb4134861
  10. Sway & Twitter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sway & Twitter: Sway & Twitter New updates are now in the Store app ready to be downloaded and installed. Both mine went in without a hitch 33386