Windows 10: downloading firefox

Discus and support downloading firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by paulofeastman, Nov 4, 2015.

1. downloading firefox

Hi folks

I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated.
    I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help?

also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I don't see anything like this on windows 10...any help?

Where can you go and see what programs are installed?

Thank you for your kind attention

:)

paulofeastman, Nov 4, 2015

2. Downloading flash for the firefox browser

I'm trying to view pages that require flash and firefox is directing me to the adobe site to download the right file.

There are three choices.

YUM for Linux

.tar.gzfor Linux

.rpm for Linux

I have downloaded all three but when I go to file manager/n900/documents to retrieve the file it gives me three more options to install.

app manager

as_demon

backup.

I choose app manager, click 'agree' to terms and conditions and it tells me every time it's unable to install because installation file is corrupted.

This happens with all the linux choices.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I get flash for firefox?

Thank you.

benjamin163---01, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Downloading flash for the firefox browser

It isn't officially supported.. and you certainly can't download it from adobe.. From the release notes for mobile firefox:

Does Firefox on my phone support plugins? Support for plugins in Firefox for Maemo has been disabled. On most Web pages that use the Adobe Flash plugin, the performance of the plugin didn't meet our standards, and the interactivity and performance of the
    entire Web page was negatively impacted. This was especially felt on pages with multiple instances of the plugin. Advanced users can enable plugins for experimentation and testing purposes only. We plan to provide a browser add-on that will enable you to selectively
    enable plugins on certain sites, because some sites, like YouTube, work well.

You can try these instructions, but don't expect it to be great:

http://ahdesai.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/how-to-enable-plugins-on-mobile-firefox-1-0-maemo/

cpitchford, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

downloading firefox

Hello Paul, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The two areas below here can show you where to download Firefox and Chrome.

Latest Firefox Released for Windows

Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

You can go to your Control Panel (icons view) in Windows 10, and click/tap on the Programs and Features icon to see what programs are installed.

If you like, you could use Windows Defender to scan drives and files with. It comes with Windows 10. I also have a custom context menu in the tutorial below to make using "Scan with Windows Defender" more convenient to use as needed.

Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 4, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Berton, Nov 4, 2015
  6. I looked all over for the control panel and cannot find it...any help

7. Thank you for your help...I was able to download Firefox and use my Symbaloo as my home page.

I couldn't download Chrome as it doesn't support windows 10 at this time

Thank you for your help

8. stephen Win User

downloading firefox

In Control panel, click on Programs then that will take you to Programs and Features

stephen, Nov 4, 2015
  9. thank you for your help...I found it finally

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I have Chrome installed and running in Windows 10.

Install Chrome offline on Windows - Installer Help

Brink, Nov 4, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 4, 2015
  12. Thank you for responding

I will try downloading Chrome off line

paulofeastman, Nov 6, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

downloading firefox

You're welcome. *Smile

Brink, Nov 6, 2015
  14. Berton Win User
    I think you have to be Online to get Chrome. You could try one of the pages here to get the offline installer, download it then disconnect from the 'net to install.
    download chrome for offline install at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  15. Thank you for this website I will be installing tonight

paulofeastman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

downloading firefox

1. downloading firefox - Similar Threads - downloading firefox

2. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  3. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  4. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am unable to download firefox, expressvpn and duckduckgo with windows 11 on two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to download firefox, expressvpn and duckduckgo with windows 11 on two...: windows 11 will not load firefox, express vpn or duckduckgo. I have tried with two new systems with i3 and md chips. What is going on in Microsoft's business. I want to remove the windows 11 from one of these new Asus computers and install windows 10. I have tried everything...
  6. I am unable to download firefox, expressvpn and duckduckgo with windows 11 on two...

I am unable to download firefox, expressvpn and duckduckgo with windows 11 on two...: windows 11 will not load firefox, express vpn or duckduckgo. I have tried with two new systems with i3 and md chips. What is going on in Microsoft's business. I want to remove the windows 11 from one of these new Asus computers and install windows 10. I have tried everything...
  7. how do i change widows recommended settings to download an app like firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change widows recommended settings to download an app like firefox: a box pops up saying the app is not a windows approved app and can be allowed in settings, but i cannot find the setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-widows-recommended-settings-to/74c40131-82a7-4725-a386-2cf718a845cd
  8. how do i change widows recommended settings to download an app like firefox

how do i change widows recommended settings to download an app like firefox: a box pops up saying the app is not a windows approved app and can be allowed in settings, but i cannot find the setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-widows-recommended-settings-to/74c40131-82a7-4725-a386-2cf718a845cd
  9. What is the best site to download Firefox. It's most confusing. Should I use Microsoft or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best site to download Firefox. It's most confusing. Should I use Microsoft or...: I am running a PC with Windows 10 - Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-site-to-download-firefox-its-most/ab91de29-500d-4b6f-a410-2f9f69a8ecd0
  10. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge: I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge. When I go to use Microsoft print to PDF for an article from the web, it downloads as a Firefox document. How do I stop...