Windows 10: Edge stopped

Discus and support Edge stopped in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I turned on the system and Edge won't work but IE11 does. How do I change this. Thanks 40141 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enigma1944, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Edge stopped

I turned on the system and Edge won't work but IE11 does. How do I change this. Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Feb 7, 2016

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Feb 7, 2016
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Feb 7, 2016
  4. Edge stopped

To see if Edge will start go to Start
    Left Click
    If you do not have a tile set up for it
    Then click All Apps
    Scroll down and you should find Microsoft Edge
    Left click on it and it should open up a page and start,

Have a look in this Tutorial about Edge
    Windows 10 Tutorials

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If this happens only recently, do a system restore. Pick a date when Edge did open as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Try restarting the computer. I've had this problem a few times with Pale Moon. Doing a restart fixed it.

Winuser, Feb 8, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
  8. lx07 Win User

Edge stopped

• Enable the built in Administrator account from elevated command prompt with
      net user administrator /active:yes
    • Sign off your account.
    • Sign onto the Administrator account
    • Delete the folder C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache
    • Sign off Administrator
    • Sign on to your account
    • Disable Administrator with net user administrator /active:no

lx07, Feb 9, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Dam your good Hali I think you were born with a computer in your crib!!! *Thumbs

OldMike65, Feb 9, 2016
  10. lx07 Win User
    Dam right yeah, Yo! Sure I got computers in my crib. Many many. Yo!

(I'm a bit unsure about the "crib" terminology. I think it means your "pad" or "home" or something right? But only if you are a rapper and say "Yo" a lot.? There was some horrible MTV program I had to endure called "Back to my crib" if I remember right where C list celebs would show off their lack of taste...)

11. OldMike65 Win User
    Haha....I suppose your right that is the NEW slang term "crib" But I'm afraid I'm too old for that stuff, what I meant was back in my days, when a new mom had a baby, after coming home with their new baby, they would have had a CRIB or maybe its called a Basinet now a days to place their newborn into. Hopefully I've explained this better. *Smile
    What I was trying to say, is since the day you were born, you were playing with a Computer, because you are VERY GOOD at the amount of knowledge you have on Windows 10. *Smile
    Update: boy do I feel OLD now....hahaha
    Here is a pic of a Crib....

Edge stopped [​IMG]

OldMike65, Feb 9, 2016
  12. lx07 Win User
    I knew what you meant really - I was just hoping to make you smile. I'd call it a "lit bébé" (baby bed) which is a bit boring I'm afraid.

The word Basinet though? Yuk - what a horrible word. Sounds like somewhere to wash your hands in a really small cheap motel room..

13. OldMike65 Win User

Edge stopped

Ok that last line cracked me up......
    *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge stopped

1. Edge stopped - Similar Threads - Edge stopped

2. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  3. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  4. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?: I don't even use Microsoft Edge and I've tried just about everything to make it stop popping up but nothing seems to work. It even happens when I log on at a place with no wifi and just enters a blank page. This new computer is otherwise great but very annoying....
  6. Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?

Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?: I don't even use Microsoft Edge and I've tried just about everything to make it stop popping up but nothing seems to work. It even happens when I log on at a place with no wifi and just enters a blank page. This new computer is otherwise great but very annoying....
  7. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  8. How to stop Edge opening for links

How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  9. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.: I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine...
  10. Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Afraid I must ask again how to stop EDGE and/or BING from over riding my settings.: I have gone into settings and set things so that Chrome would be my browser but from time to time I will click on a link not noticing anything indicating it goes to Microsoft and then suddenly everything I try to link to ends up in Edge and then Bing becomes my search engine...