Windows 10: Edge very slow

Discus and support Edge very slow in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge has gone very slow. I have a Acer ASpire laptop running the latest windows 10 update, Went to have a look at my wifi settings and ran the trouble... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dafydd, Dec 6, 2017.

1. dafydd Win User

Edge very slow

Edge has gone very slow.
    I have a Acer ASpire laptop running the latest windows 10 update, Went to have a look at my wifi settings and ran the trouble shooter for it and a box came on screen after completion

Windows could not automatically detect this network proxy with a yellow exclamation
    Does any one know what this actually mean and any help please.
    Thanks.*Sad

:)

dafydd, Dec 6, 2017

2. Slow internet connection on Chrome and Edge browser using Windows 10.

Original Title: Internet Is slow

Why is Internet slow on my surface pro 4 8gb ram . It runs slow on both chrome & microsoft edge . Edge is really very very slower as compared to chrome . PLease fix the issue & what are the main features microsoft will be fixing in the REDSTONE update &
    when will it be released?

Thanks

KashyapRaparthi, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Internet conection is very slow on windows 10

I have a wifi connection.

In every browser whether edge or IE it is very slow but on other laptop speed is very gud

sahilshowkat, Dec 6, 2017
  4. torre Win User

Edge very slow

torre, Dec 7, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
    Thanks for that info. I followed all the info that was there with no luck.
    Maybe I should have explained a bit more of what is happening...
    When I go to open edge from the icon in taskbar it opens up with a white/blue screen then it takes about 2-3min to open so that I can use it.
    It's Very frustrating waiting for it to come on full scree.
    Could it be something else ie graphics or something else it's been running well for 4yrs. Now letting me down.
    Any help Please.
    Thanks David *Banghead

dafydd, Dec 7, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    torre, Dec 7, 2017
  7. dafydd Win User
    Are you running latest edition of Win10 with all updates (1709 16299.98) ?Yes

Reset Edge to see if that helps.

Also scan with your AV and AdwCleaner. Yes done that

Will have a go at the reset. Will let you know how things get on. Many Thanks Much appreciated. David.

dafydd, Dec 7, 2017
  8. dafydd Win User

Edge very slow

Hi. I did th edge reset went okay.
    Will give it a good try tomorrow as I have no time tonight. Thanks for your help will get back to you tomorrow.David

dafydd, Dec 7, 2017
  9. dafydd Win User
    Hi Here we go again. Did the reset and it's slightly better not so good as it's been. Might settle down??*really
    Thanks for your help. David.

dafydd, Dec 8, 2017
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Did you try any other browser? Install Firefox or Vivaldi just to see if they are affected too.

AndreTen, Dec 8, 2017
  11. dafydd Win User
    Many Thanks for your thoughts, To be honest I only tried google chrome and it was the same as edge, At this moment it's okay but not so responsive as it's been. Noticed this really after last update, Did some googling and there are quite a lot of issues since the last update.
    I'll just have to see how things develop.
    Once again Thank You Have a Merry Xmas to you and you family. May I ask what part of the world are you?. I'm in South Wales UK. David.*Drink1

dafydd, Dec 9, 2017
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Try a scan with Malwarebytes. If other browsers behave the same, you may have just network problem, or malware.

Anyway, good luck

AndreTen, Dec 9, 2017
  13. Edge very slow

I am having the same or similar issue with Edge. All other browsers work great - Firefox 57, Opera, etc.. Only with Edge do I run into the following issue. When I open Edge, it is slow to open. Then when I want to type an address or open a new tab, things crawl so slow it's weird. If I type Google in the search bar, it will type G then wait a few seconds, then show O, then wait a few seconds, then type O, wait a few seconds. Over all it takes a good 10-15 seconds for the words to type out completely. This only started after the install of the Fall Creator's Update. I am on Version 1709, Build 16299.64 even though it appears that KB4051963 (OS Build 16299.98). My Windows Update dows not offer me this version and says it's up to date.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Gator5000e, Dec 10, 2017
  14. torre Win User
    I am on Version 1709, Build 16299.64 even though it appears that KB4051963 (OS Build 16299.98). My Windows Update dows not offer me this version and says it's up to date.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

Download Windows 10

Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

As I understand, you do not have the latest Win10 build and can't upgrade ?

Do you receive other updates, e.g. Windows Defender ? If not, you may try to reset the update service (1st link) or do another upgrade to Win10 (2nd link). May be best to do the latter.

You may also consider a clean install (3rd link).

torre, Dec 11, 2017
  15. I am finding Edge is opening up ok but when I open up the latest version of Yahoo mail this is opening ok and messages are all displayed ok but when I try to open message it takes about 30 seconds to open anyone else got this problem

lawnmower74, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

Edge very slow

1. Edge very slow - Similar Threads - Edge very slow

2. edge load utube very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  3. edge load utube very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge load utube very slow: Utube has been very slow to load and view video in last couple of days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-load-utube-very-slow/0a716e40-8289-4f5d-aaf7-db0d0e330612
  4. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  5. Very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  6. Internet speed is very slow in edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed is very slow in edge: Recently i faced a very fu*king disgusting problem . My internet speed specially download speed is good enough but in edge it cant even cross 20kb/ps where my actual speed is nearly 50mb/ps . Please help me fast , i have some very important work !!...
  7. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  8. My edge explorer is very slow

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My edge explorer is very slow: I have problems with my edge browser for windows 10 how can I reset it as factory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-edge-explorer-is-very-slow/28b6bfad-aadc-4246-9883-91b7009e1639"
  9. Edge very slow on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Edge very slow on Facebook: Not necessarily a Windows 10 issue but would still like to know why in the past couple of weeks Facebook seems to be extremely sluggish and when I click on any of the comments option or anything else on Facebook it just hangs on. It does not happen on any other web...
  10. Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome: So I got a new Asus E200HA. Read some very good reviews about it in amazon. While using the OS (Windows 10) everything works quite smoothly - Browsing around files, editing Office documents, even coding on VS Code. However, Web browsing, for the most part, is extremely slow....