Windows 10: Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 How to Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry to RegBack folder when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, Jul 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

How to: Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

How to Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry to RegBack folder when Computer Restarts in Windows 10

By default, Windows 10 backs up the registry to the RegBack folder when the computer restarts, and creates a RegIdleBackup task to manage subsequent backups. Windows stores the task information in the Scheduled Task Library, in the Microsoft\Windows\Registry folder. The task has the following properties:

Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Starting in Windows 10 version 1803, Windows no longer automatically backs up the system registry to the RegBack folder. If you browse to to the \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder in Windows Explorer, you will still see each registry hive, but each file is 0kb in size.

Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This change is by design, and is intended to help reduce the overall disk footprint size of Windows 10. To recover a system with a corrupt registry hive, Microsoft recommends that you use a system restore point.

If you have to use the legacy backup behavior, you can re-enable it using the method in this tutorial.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable Windows 10 to automatically backup of the system registry to the RegBack folder when the computer restarts.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the automatic backup of the system registry.

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add or delete the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Configuration Manager

EnablePeriodicBackup DWORD

(delete) = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry to RegBack folder when Computer Restarts
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_automatic_backup_of_system_registry_to_RegBack_folder.reg

Download

3. To Disable Automatic Backup of System Registry to RegBack folder when Computer Restarts
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_automatic_backup_of_system_registry_to_RegBack_folder.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

WinLatest, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. MeAndMyComputer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10

How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

I want to re enable my registry backup in windows 10. Microsoft sayed they disabled the automatically registry backup for windows 10. My computer always crashes. if my registry will corrupt i can restore the registry backup

Has anyone have a solution for Re-Enable this Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

Code:
    Thanks,RegardsAaqil

Aaqil Tech PC, Oct 27, 2019
  5. system registry backup

How do I re-enable the automatic system registry backup in windows 10, ver 1903?

VincentFranz, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User

Dan,

The best solution would be to keep updated system images available.

If you have the available hard drive space, then yeah it would be safer to enable the automatic backup of the system registry just in case it may allow you to recover.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Automatic Backup of System Registry when Restart in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Automatic Backup

2. Backup System Registry Hives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup System Registry Hives: Create backups of the system registry hives to C:\Registry_Backups folder. Code: :: Created By @Echo Off & Cls Echo. Echo. Call :IsAdmin If Not Exist C:\Registry_Backups (md C:\Registry_Backups) Else (Goto :Skip) If Not Exist C:\Registry_Backups\RegOld (Md...
  3. How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup: How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup I want to re enable my registry backup in windows 10. Microsoft sayed they disabled the automatically registry backup for windows 10. My computer always crashes. if my registry will corrupt i can restore the registry...
  4. Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry: This batch script enables automatic backs up of system registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack folder on Windows 10. Restart your computer to make changes take affect. Code: :: Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack Folder...
  5. Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry: This batch script enables automatic backs up of system registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack folder on Windows 10. Restart your computer to make changes take affect. Code: :: Enable Automatic Backs up of System Registry to C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack Folder...
  6. How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Microsoft used to perform backups of the registry automatically, but the feature has been quietly disabled in Windows 10. If you want to regularly backup registry to RegBack folder, you’ll have to manually enable Registry backup feature in Windows 10. Windows 10 version...
  7. Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows 10 automatically backup Registry to RegBack folder: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A Registry Hive is a part of the Windows Registry which stores all necessary configuration of Windows OS. Its a sensitive part of Windows 10 which should always be handled carefully. While not many users make changes, if you planned [...] This post Make...
  8. system registry backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system registry backup: How do I re-enable the automatic system registry backup in windows 10, ver 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-registry-backup/6cd035fa-f7a9-4481-b9b0-5c74bd3f4d24
  9. Microsoft makes changes to automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft makes changes to automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Windows Registry holds tweaks for almost everything. You can use it to customize your Windows experience and unlock hidden features like Windows 10 Immersive search. While Registry is a handy tool, mistakes when editing it can cause a lot of issues, including booting and...
  10. Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable BSOD Automatic Restart in Windows 10 [img] Information A blue screen of death error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart...