Windows 10: Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

Discus and support Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Office 2016 Updates [img] Information By default,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

How to Enable or Disable Automatic Office 2016 Updates

Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 [​IMG]
    Information By default, Click-to-Run installations of Microsoft Office 2016 are configured to automatically update your Office installation when new updates are made publicly available.

If you have Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows checked in your Windows Update settings, then Windows Update will automatically install your Office 2016 updates when available.

You can also manually check for Office 2016 updates at any time unless automatic Office updates are disabled. It's recommend that you use automatic updating—but if you choose not to, be sure to check for updates at least once a week.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable to automatically download and install Office 2016 updates in Windows.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable automatic Office updates.

Here's How:

1. In an Office 2016 program (ex: Outlook 2016), click/tap on File. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Account or Office Account. (see screenshots below)

3. Do step 4 (enable) or step 5 (disable) for what you would like to do.

4. To Enable Automatic Office 2016 Updates
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Update Options, and click/tap on Enable updates. (see screenshot below)

B) If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

5. To Disable Automatic Office 2016 Updates
    A) Click/tap on Update Options, and click/tap on Disable Updates. (see screenshot below)

B) If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 5, 2017

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 26, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    is there any method to turn off windows automatic update and offices 2016 's automatic update

To turn off Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

In the list of Services, scroll to the bottom to find Windows Update

Double click Windows Update

If it is started, click Stop

Set the startup type to disables - Manual will not do!

Restart your system

That will disable updates for both Windows 10 and Office 2016!

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

MoxieMomma, Oct 26, 2019
  5. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 26, 2019
  6. jtjt00 Win User
    Office 365 automatic update disabled!

Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated".

Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate
    DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates
    Values:
    0 = automatic updates are disabled
    1 = automatic updates are enabled

This key was o when update is disabled. Changing it to 1 enable the update.

However, found that is reverse back to 0 after sometimes.

What is going on to disable the update for Office 365?

jtjt00, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016

1. Enable or Disable Automatic Updates in Office 2016 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Automatic

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  5. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  6. Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled mousepad automatically being reset to enabled with update: My first choice for laptop purchase would be without a mousepad, but I am in a minority. I have turned off my mousepad a few times now and it keeps turning back on without me doing it. Accidentally brushing against the mousepad has always been a source of problems and I...
  7. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  8. Office 365 automatic update disabled!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 automatic update disabled!: Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated". Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates Values:...
  9. Office 365 automatic update disabled!

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 automatic update disabled!: Recently found that Office 365 update, "This product will not be updated". Upon further check, found that there is a registry entry that disabled the update. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\policies\microsoft\office\16.0\common\OfficeUpdate DWORD: EnableAutomaticUpdates Values:...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the time you have set in automatic maintenance. Windows...