Windows 10: F8 - Safe Mode Won't Work on ASUS F555U Laptop

Discus and support F8 - Safe Mode Won't Work on ASUS F555U Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First off, if I've placed this post in the wrong sub-form in error, pls forgive me, and move it to proper one. I just couldn't figure out where a more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gplea, Dec 22, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

F8 - Safe Mode Won't Work on ASUS F555U Laptop

First off, if I've placed this post in the wrong sub-form in error, pls forgive me, and move it to proper one. I just couldn't figure out where a more suitable location would be.

I've got an ASUS F555UA and for whatever reason I'm unable to get F8 - SafeMode to work. I tried the CMD prompt
    "CD/?????" Whatever to insert the F8 capability into Win/Sys32, but it won't even accept that. I WOULD provide a screenshot but I can't even remember where I found that cmd. I've already sent an email to ASUS support, but I wanted to see if anyone here might have a clue.

Thanks,
    GPL

:)

gplea, Dec 22, 2016
  2. jeedie Win User

error in windows 10 unexpected kernel mode trap

Hello,

Method 1, no results

Method 2, tried to get into safe mode, but it won't ! F8 and shift + F8 etc. None of them works. Now that Windows 10 was a download.. and i have no DVD and its not possible to put laptop into safe mode, i'm running out of options !! What to do?

Thanks

jeedie, Dec 22, 2016
  3. can't open tablet mode via windows 10 on my Asus F555U

can't open tablet mode via windows 10 on my Asus F555U

jamessadowski, Dec 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 does not have F8 safe mode enabled by default. No computer with Windows 10 will have the safe mode F8 menu available unless the user enables it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

This is about the only major complaint I have about Windows 10 - they have made it extremely difficult to get into and, more importantly, out of safe mode.

NavyLCDR, Dec 22, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. F8 - Safe Mode Won't Work on ASUS F555U Laptop - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Won't

2. Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working: Hello, I posted a question because that command didn't workI had this problem after upgrading to Windows 11 and then downgrading.How do I fix this command not working fix?...
  3. Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working: Hello, I posted a question because that command didn't workI had this problem after upgrading to Windows 11 and then downgrading.How do I fix this command not working fix?...
  4. Windows 10 Safe Mode F8 Command Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot: How can I turn on this function, again? I have tried the following: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy and bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes as per online searches. But, I get the following message: >>The set command specified is not valid. >>Run...
  6. Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't work in Safe Mode: Is there any downside to performing a Repair Install? I've been stumped by an issue: my mouse will not work in Safe Mode. It works in BIOS (a UEFI bios); it works in WinPE rescue media; it works in Macrium Rescue media; it works in Windows 10. I've tried selecting every...
  7. Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work: Folks, This should be simple... I can boot into Safe Mode. That's cool. Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums Unfortunately, I cannot use my USB mouse. I can use it in BIOS, but not in Safe Mode. It is attached to a motherboard USB header, directly,...
  8. Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode: I happened across this cmd.exe line while looking for a shortcut to open in safe mode: Code: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy[/quote] . It worked. I found a startup menu and got to safe mode with network. One little problem: after trying it out I rebooted and...
  9. How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key!: I saw some were on this forum a post discussing safe mode and how it did not work on windows 10 using f8 key... I like knowing if I need to get into safe mode on my pc the f8 key will work... So I started checking the web and found how to make windows 10 go into safe mode...
  10. Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?: I ran into a problem installing Win10 on my laptop (I posted about it here). I got into an endless reboot cycle where Win would go to desktop but no taskbar/apps worked and a popup message left me no choice but to reboot again. I needed to get to Safe Mode to fix this. I had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus bootloader f8 win secure mode not working

2. save mode doesnt work on asus