Windows 10: File Explorer search history

Discus and support File Explorer search history in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In any Windows 10 File Explorer window, a search bar can be found under the ribbon to the right side. When placing the cursor in this field, a drop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichLorn, Mar 1, 2020.

1. RichLorn Win User

File Explorer search history

In any Windows 10 File Explorer window, a search bar can be found under the ribbon to the right side. When placing the cursor in this field, a drop down list appears of all previous searches. It can become quite long over time. I've been unable to find how that archived search history list can be cleared/erased. Can anyone help?

:)

RichLorn, Mar 1, 2020
  2. acomic Win User

File explorer search history is not clearing

Hi

I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it.

Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Any help would be appreciated.

acomic, Mar 1, 2020
  3. windows8thumba, Mar 1, 2020
  4. File Explorer search history

Win 10 File Explorer Search History

I had a number of search windows open when File Explorer crashed. I would like to recover all of the search strings from "Search History" but the Recent Searches dropdown list only has a few of them. How can I access the full list? Thanks.

AaronShakow, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer search history

1. File Explorer search history - Similar Threads - File Explorer search

2. file explorer search history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer search history: Since the last cumulative update I think both Win11 computers I have no longer have the search history popping up in the search boxes for any file explorer window. every time I'm moving from folder to folder to look for something I have to retype the search term and it's a...
  3. file explorer search history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer search history: Since the last cumulative update I think both Win11 computers I have no longer have the search history popping up in the search boxes for any file explorer window. every time I'm moving from folder to folder to look for something I have to retype the search term and it's a...
  4. File explorer search history and program logs

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer search history and program logs: Dear all When I use Search in File Explorer, Windows stores / logs the search history. 1. Is there a place in Windows, where I can see timestamp / when I have made a search in file explorer? 2. Is there a place in Windows, where I can see when I have opened a program, for...
  5. File explorer search history and program logs

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer search history and program logs: Dear all When I use Search in File Explorer, Windows stores / logs the search history.1.Is there a place in Windows, where I can see when I have made a search in file explorer?2.Is there a place in Windows, where I can see when I have opened a program, for example Google...
  6. Win 10 File Explorer Search History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Explorer Search History: I had a number of search windows open when File Explorer crashed. I would like to recover all of the search strings from "Search History" but the Recent Searches dropdown list only has a few of them. How can I access the full list? Thanks....
  7. File explorer search history is not clearing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File explorer search history is not clearing: Hi I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it. Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums...
  8. Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Enable or Disable Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information By default, the search box in File Explorer will show a list of suggestions as you type in the search box. These...
  9. Clear Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Clear Search History in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Clear File Explorer Search History in Windows 10 The search box in File Explorer will show a list of suggestions as you type in the search box. These suggestions are the history of your past typed searches...
  10. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...