Windows 10: Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder?

Discus and support Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I noticed that in the Creator's Update, 3D Builder has been moved to inside "Windows Accessories". I know on Anniversary Update and prior, it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drfsupercenter, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder?

So I noticed that in the Creator's Update, 3D Builder has been moved to inside "Windows Accessories".

I know on Anniversary Update and prior, it's impossible to move Metro apps into a folder, and they will always show their own entries in the Start menu. You can put any other shortcuts in folders, but not those ones.

Has anyone found a way to put other Metro apps into folders? It would be nice to put all my games in one place.

:)

drfsupercenter, Apr 14, 2017

2. How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

On a new user "Pin to Start" puts it directly onto the all apps list and doesn't create a metro tile.

Adding a metro tile for it, deleting the all apps, and the metro tile, then readding it puts it in both locations.

I have no idea why its only doing this on my account now. Something must have happened to my user settings.

Mercarcher, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Is it possible to put Korean language in a nokia C6-00??

I can only write texts in spanish, english and portuguese with the nokia C6-00, so I'd like to know if there's any way for me to write in korean from my cell phone, maybe an application?? I really have no idea if I can do something about it.

Please help and thanks in advance!

ReichelSan, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder?

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Sort of...

... create additional shortcuts of desired apps then put them in a folder:

Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder? [​IMG]

I create more and more custom shortcuts so that, the real ones that you can't move, remain at the bottom of the start menu where I don't have to look at them!

Edwin, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Not quite what I was after, but nice to know anyway.

See here:

Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder? [​IMG]

I made one of those folders with Calculator and Calendar, but see "3D Builder" which I have highlighted? That's one of the built-in Metro apps, and it's been relocated to inside Windows Accessories in the dropdown.
    I tried dragging and dropping but it doesn't let me do it in that list view.

I tried the usual tricks, like "open file location", ad surely enough it's only the regular Windows programs that are in the Start Menu folders, no 3D Builder. So that's been placed in there by other means.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's normal for "3D Builder" to be under "Windows Accessories" now.

If wanted, you should be able to drag and drop the app onto the Start screen to "Pin to Start" as a tile.

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  8. Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder?

No, I get that, but am I able to put other Metro apps into a folder like that? I want them folderized in the LIST view, not the pin view.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  10. Interesting. Can I then delete the regular shortcut so that it ONLY shows up in that folder?

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can't for Store apps, but you can for desktop apps.

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  12. The whole point was I wanted to MOVE the store apps into a folder, like how 3D Builder is now in Windows Accessories and NOT in the list on its own. *Sad

So is 3D Builder just "special"?

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm afraid not. It's a Store app as well. *Sad

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  14. By Store I assume you mean Metro. I know they're officially called "Modern" or "UWP" now, but same idea. Whether or not it's actually installed/purchased through the store is irrelevant, they use the new platform.

Though, I'm surprised you can't delete the shortcuts using the Powershell commands - the Start Menu is just XML these days isn't it? Or is that only for pins?

drfsupercenter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Finally possible to put Metro apps in a folder? - Similar Threads - Finally possible put

2. Metro apps and bluetooth 22621.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro apps and bluetooth 22621.1: Metro apps on Windows 22621.1 when in use with bluetooth headphones are crashing usb controler and windows. You can not use some functions of modern part of windows, does not respond to clicking on audio tray icon and can not even restart windows without hard reset. Tested on...
  3. Metro apps and bluetooth 22621.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro apps and bluetooth 22621.1: Metro apps on Windows 22621.1 when in use with bluetooth headphones are crashing usb controler and windows. You can not use some functions of modern part of windows, does not respond to clicking on audio tray icon and can not even restart windows without hard reset. Tested on...
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. Metro app (game) performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro app (game) performance: Hi I have found little to no discussion on this matter. Games barely seem to work on Win10, app store games that is. For example, GT Racing 2 loads 50%ish and exits. Farmville 2:CE loads only to a black screen after the Zygna logo, doesnt make it to the start screen....
  6. Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!

Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed!: Like innumerable other Win10 users, I have been trying for quite a while to get broken apps and Cortana to work again, after the Anniversary 'update'. I've repeatedly tried sfc /scannow; DISM restorehealth; MS Repair tools; Windows troubleshooter; the infamous Powershell...
  7. All metro apps crash.

All metro apps crash.: This is a problem I have been having for a few days now. Upon launching any metro app, it crashes. Attached is a picture with the diagnosis of the problem. Any way to fix that?? [img] Thank for any help!!! 4922
  8. Way to uninstall Metro apps?

Way to uninstall Metro apps?: Is there some compilation batch file or something someone has made to uninstall every non-built in/"required" Metro app from Windows 10? Metro apps are not listed in add/remove programs which makes it difficult to find out which ones I can remove. Is there some other...
  9. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  10. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...