Windows 10: Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot

Discus and support Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm going to try and keep the story short. I am using the Windows Insider preview 20.04 I followed a tutorial on how to reset the windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gremar, May 24, 2020.

1. gremar Win User

Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot

I'm going to try and keep the story short.

I am using the Windows Insider preview 20.04

I followed a tutorial on how to reset the windows 10 update (I'm sure it's nothing to do with the method, just my system didn't like it)

I downloaded the reg file, and then it was flagged out by my anti virus that a virus has been deleted so i disabled the anti virus and tried to download it again. The Microsoft edge smart screen removed it so i used Firefox instead and downloaded and installed it, followed the procedure as described and pressed the key as recommended to restart and from there it never came back, the computer doesn't want to boot up - no bleeping sound.

This is what I've done since - I unplugged all devices connected and I removed all the memory sticks and left just one, I then disconnected the hard drive and all other cards except the graphics card but nothing happened - no posting or bleeping, I did clear the CMOS but still no posting.

Is the motherboard gone? Or is there anything I can do to investigate further?

I forgot to mention that all the fans are working and the light on the motherboard are on. The motherboard is ASUS Z170 pro gaming Intel i5 and I have 16GB of ram.

Please help!

:)

gremar, May 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, May 24, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, May 24, 2020
  4. zdaar Win User

Gigabyte 6950 1ghz computer won't boot

I did reset the bios (with the old card, with the 6950 it wont boot to bios screen even)
    I didnt list it but my cpu is a core I5 540 2.6 with 2*2GB of corsair 1333

HDD irrelevent imho since a computer should boot to bios without one

zdaar, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Followed a Windows 10 update reset tutorial - computer won't boot - Similar Threads - Followed update reset

2. following a tutorial

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    following a tutorial: I am trying to follow a tutorial and was wondering if i needed to make the usb bootable to make it work https://youtu.be/rl6SeLSyztw the tutorial submitted by /u/RealToadPlayzYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugukfs/following_a_tutorial/
  3. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset: When I boot my PC only once in the morning it will not boot on the first attempt. I reset and it boots fine. Below are my stats:Anyone know what else to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Won't Boot on First Try-Boots following reset: When I boot my PC only once in the morning it will not boot on the first attempt. I reset and it boots fine. Below are my stats:Anyone know what else to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. windows 10 won't boot. Trying to follow directions, but....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 won't boot. Trying to follow directions, but....: Hi, My Win 10 will not boot. Also, I can't access start up repair via "triple boot" because I activated the following cmd prompt a while ago: reagentc /disable I have an installation disk and I accessed the system repair from there, but when I click "start-up repair"...
  6. Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Updates - Computer Won't Boot: I've had this problem before, but twice in the last week it has taken me the better part of a day to get my computer back on its feet using a recovery disk, command prompt, etc. When Windows 10 Update runs, it seems most of them fail, and when they do my computer won't boot...
  7. Followed this tutorial and my laptop won't turn on now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Followed this tutorial and my laptop won't turn on now.: I just got a new Acer laptop and I was only getting 6.6 useable ram instead of the full 8gb so I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYIvq6qoaCE my laptop won't come back on now and I get error messages bad system config info windows 10 submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't reboot following machine reset: Hi, Following my Father-in-Law's death I have tried to reset his laptop so I can pass it on. However, it now reboots to a blue page with location, keyboard and time zone options and then a blue restart page with connecting to internet to download missing files, and keeps...
  9. Laptop won't boot following reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot following reset: I reset the computer after it wouldn't boot. Now, when I start it, I get the blue screen that says there was a problem and Windows will restart. But it doesn't restart, just turns itself off. This was a complete reset, deleting everything....
  10. Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update & Now Computer won't Boot: A few weeks ago I took an update to Windows 10. When the system rebooted I received a white screen and an error saying "Can't read instructions form address blah, blah, blah'. I clicked OK and just had the white screen. Now, when I boot up I get the windows logo and the...