Windows 10: FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

Discus and support FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Mar 12, 2020.

1. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing --

Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central

I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log error. Ran a DISM --

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

The second SFC then worked. I'll update if this was just one PC or all of them.

:)

The Pool Man, Mar 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 version 10.0.17763.195 not updating anymore since 2018-12 Cumulative Update, Troubleshooter failing to start

Hi Vijay, thank you for your quick reply.

As for step 1, I mentioned in the title that my troubleshooter is not starting at all.

Nonetheless, I ran successfully all the commands listed in step 2 and restarted my machine, but when I tried to run Windows Update it failed again, returning a different error for the Cumulative Update:

2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4480116)

Error 0x8007025d

MirrorMan92, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Cumulative Update KB4487044 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.316 - Feb. 12 Win Update

@jimbo45

I do it like this if I decide to map as folder while browsing the network:

Step 1: Copy the full network path using CTRL + C.

FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC [​IMG]

Step 2: Right click on Computer and select Map Network Drive.

Step 3: Paste the path using CTRL + V.

Step 4: Verification it got mapped

slicendice, Mar 12, 2020
  4. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

1. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC - Similar Threads - FYI Cumulative Update

2. Cumulative updates failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates failing: Two different CU's now failing at 94% install. Have run DISM, SFC, Windows Update troubleshooter, checked Services, etc. Luckily MS reports Something Didn't go as Planned and after a number of restarts has the machine working again. Question, does downloading the Cumulative...
  3. Cumulative Update Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Update Failing: We have a few computers failing to update with Windows 11 cumulative updates. The troublehsooter, Windows repairs and other things have not fixed the issue. I can obviously replace the machine, wipe the problem machine and start fresh but I wanted to know if anyone had found...
  4. Cumulative updates failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates failed: Update failed error 0x80240034. This is consistent error and failure to Windows 10. It will fix for a month then next month you will not be able to update again. This Windows devices has a lot of improvements that needs to take specially updating their system. How can I fix...
  5. Cumulative updates failed

Cumulative updates failed: Update failed error 0x80240034. This is consistent error and failure to Windows 10. It will fix for a month then next month you will not be able to update again. This Windows devices has a lot of improvements that needs to take specially updating their system. How can I fix...
  6. Cumulative updates failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Failed cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed cumulative update: My other laptop has been trying for a couple of weeks to install update KB5012599 but fails every time with error code 0X8ooF081F. We have tried a number of things to get it to install e.g. checking enough space, troubleshooting on settings, downloading the update from...
  8. Failed cumulative update

Failed cumulative update: My other laptop has been trying for a couple of weeks to install update KB5012599 but fails every time with error code 0X8ooF081F. We have tried a number of things to get it to install e.g. checking enough space, troubleshooting on settings, downloading the update from...
  9. FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    FYI -- 3/12 Cumulative Update failed SFC: We had a cumulative update Tuesday. Another one just popped up because of some worm thing -- Cumulative update fixes bug that left systems vulnerable to a wormable attack | Windows Central I run an SFC after each update on all of my 4 PCs. This update triggered a CBS.log...
  10. fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fyi -- Windows Update from 9/12/2018: Just installed updates kb4457128 kb4456655 kb4457146 on one of my computers, the updates seemed to work OK and have no side effects. on another computer, could not open any app as administrator -- could hear the window pop up asking for permission, but no window was...