Windows 10: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

Discus and support Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC How to Turn On or Off Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by andymoyle, Sep 19, 2015.

1. andymoyle Win User

Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

How to: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

How to Turn On or Off Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get things done.

When you phone notifications on a Windows 10 PC.

When this feature is enabled on both your Windows 10 Mobile phone and PC, Cortana will tell you on your PC when you when your battery is low and when you miss a phone call, text message, or app notification.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off your Windows 10 Mobile phone to send phone call, text message, and app notifications from Cortana to your Windows 10 PC.

Here's How:

1. On your Windows 10 Mobile phone, open the Cortana app. (see screenshot below)

Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC [​IMG]

2. Tap on the menu button (3 bars) in the Cortana app. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

4. Do step 5 (off) or step 6 (on) below for what you want.

5. To Turn Off "Send notifications between devices" on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

*note This is the default setting.
    A) Turn off Send notifications between devices. (see screenshot below)

B) When finished, you can tap on the *Start button at the bottom of your phone to return to your Start screen if you like. (see screenshot below)

6. To Turn On "Send notifications between devices" on Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    A) Turn on Send notifications between devices. (see screenshot below)

B) If prompted, tap on Personalize. (see screenshot below)

C) Tap on the Edit sync settings button under Send notifications between devices. (see screenshot below)

D) Turn on or off sync notifications for the apps you want. (see screenshots below)

E) When finished, you can tap on the *Start button at the bottom of your phone to return to your Start screen if you like. (see screenshot below)

F) You can now turn on Get phone notifications on this PC and manage notifications on Windows 10 PCs you want to get notifications from this Windows 10 Mobile phone. (see screenshot below)

*note You will need to be signed in to Cortana with the same Microsoft account on your Windows 10 Mobile phone and PC(s).

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

andymoyle, Sep 19, 2015

2. Cortana link notifications

We'd like to know if you've already downloaded and install Cortana app on your mobile phone. If so, follow the steps below to configure Cortana's settings on your mobile phone properly:

• Open Cortana on your phone > Hit the 3 line icon on the upper left corner > Select
      Settings.
    • Tap Sync notifications and enable the notifications you'd like to see on your Windows 10 PC.

Note: Make sure to give Cortana permission on your device's settings.

Let us know the result.

Regile Reb, Oct 27, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open the app in mobile phone and go to menu.
    2. Tap on Settings > Cross device.
    3. Make sure that the switch across App notifications sync is toggled on.
    4. Open Notification access on your phone and check the switch is on for Cortana.
    5. Go to Settings in your PC, click on
      Cortana.
    6. Click on Cortana across my devices on the left pane.
    7. Make sure the toggle switch is ON under Get phone notifications on this PC.

If you still do not see the options, we would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the app and try configuring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. Check if your Windows is up-to-date by going to Settings >
      Update and Security
      > Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps and see if this helps.

Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Cortana Application.

I suggest you to first try to completely uninstall Cortana Application from your Android Phone and then again reinstall the application by giving it all the phone's notification permission in your Phone Notification settings.

Method 2: Troubleshoot Problems with Cortana.

Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot Problems with Cortana
    and see if this helps.

Method 3: Re-Register Cortana.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu > Search for
    PowerShell > Right-Click on PowerShell >
    Run As Administrator

Step 2: Once the PowerShell Window is up and running, copy and paste the below command and hit
    Enter.

• Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Step 3: Once the above command is executed successfully, restart your computer once and

Setup Cortana
    from the beginning by giving it all the permissions, so that you can view all the android phones notifications on your Windows 10 computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Disabling synched Cortana PC verbalizations: Google application notifications on Android mobile phones

Hi Sarah,

While notification syncing in Cortana is considered a great addition to bring your gadgets a little closer together and have it synchronized at the same time, we understand that this may also not be a feature for everyone. To disable it, you may follow these
    steps:

• Open the Cortana app.
    • Tap the menu button on the top left corner.
    • Tap on Settings.
    • Tap on Sync notifications.

• Turn off the notifications that you don't want to sync to your PC.

• Tap on Choose which apps to sync.

• Turn off all the apps that you don't want to sync notifications to your PC.

Let us know if the steps above will help you resolve your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

1. Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC - Similar Threads - Mobile Phone Notifications

2. Notification FROM Windows to Phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification FROM Windows to Phone?: Hello, Is there any way to get notifications from your computer to your phone? I searched for the answer to the question, but everywhere only in reverse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-from-windows-to-phone/c7c154c6-e7a2-4bb8-b389-141f3ae8e024
  3. Notification FROM Windows to Phone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification FROM Windows to Phone?: Hello, Is there any way to get notifications from your computer to your phone? I searched for the answer to the question, but everywhere only in reverse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-from-windows-to-phone/c7c154c6-e7a2-4bb8-b389-141f3ae8e024
  4. How to get Phone notifications on your Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to get Phone notifications on your Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Your Phone app has become a hub to sync notifications from any Phone to your Windows 10 computer. It has replaced the Cortana app in enabling the same feature. While a user cannot replicate their Phone apps on their Windows [...] This post How to get Phone...
  5. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC: How to: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get...
  6. remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window

remove "get cortana for my phone" message from cortana action window: On all my pc's I now have a "get cortana for my phone" message in all the cortana action windows. How in the heck do I get rid of this? it is screwing up all my viewing habits for weather, sports score etc. Why does microsoft keep jamming all this junk in the cortana...
  7. Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls, etc. to my Windows 10 machine. As few as two to as much as five of a repeat notifications will be received by my machine....
  8. Hey Cortana updated for some Windows 10 Mobile phones

in Windows 10 News
    Hey Cortana updated for some Windows 10 Mobile phones: Hey Cortana updated for some Windows 10 Mobile phones with new training system [img] The Hey Cortana app for Windows 10 Mobile has a new update for the Lumia 930 and Lumia 1520 (but not the Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL). The update includes some user interface...
  9. Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help...
  10. Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Project to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen...