Windows 10: Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10

Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get things done.

See also: Setup Cortana - Get Started with Your Virtual Assistant - Microsoft

When you Windows 10 Mobile phone notifications on this PC.

When turned on, Cortana will tell you on this PC when you miss a phone call, text message, or app notification. You'll also be able to respond to text messages from this PC.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off getting Android or Windows 10 Mobile phone notifications from Cortana on your Windows 10 PC.

*note This feature must also be enabled in settings in the Cortana app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Cortana icon.

2. Do step 3 (off) or step 4 (on/manage) below for what you want to do.

3. To Turn Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana
    A) Click/tap on Cortana across my devices on the left side, and turn off Get phone notifications on this PC on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. To Turn On and Manage Get Phone Notifications from Cortana
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Cortana across my devices on the left side, and turn on Get phone notifications on this PC on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*tip If you have an iPhone or Android phone, you can click/tap on the Get Cortana mobile app for my phone link for how to download and install the app on your phone.

B) Click/tap on the Manage notifications button. (see screenshot below step 4a)

C) If you are getting notifications from a Windows 10 Mobile device (ex: "Mobile device"), click/tap on it. (see screenshot below)

D) Turn on (default) or off getting notifications from the Mobile device, turn on (default) or off getting Phone call notifications from the Mobile device, and click/tap on the Back arrow button. (see screenshots below)

E) Click/tap on Upload notifications from this PC to the cloud in Cortana. (see screenshot below)

F) Turn On (default) or Off the Upload notifications from this PC to the cloud setting for what you want. (see screenshot below)

G) Verify notifications are turned on for Cortana in Settings. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 18, 2015

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Turn off Cortana (Android) sending SMS Notifications to Windows PCs

Hello,

Cortana’s data collection and controls may vary based on these platforms’ capabilities and the version you’re using. You can stop notifications arriving in your PC by changing the settings on your Android phone by following the steps below:

• Open the Cortana app.
    • Tap the Menu button in the top left corner.
    • Tap on Settings.
    • Tap on Sync notifications.

• Turn off the notifications you don't want to sync to your PC.

• Tap on Choose which apps to sync.

• Turn off all the apps you don't want to sync notifications to your PC.

Alternatively, if you only want to stop one of your devices from syncing notifications to your PC, then do the following:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the Settings (gear) button from the left rail.
    • Click the Edit sync settings button under "Send notifications between devices".
    • Click on the device you want to disable notifications.

• Turn off the first option under the device name.

For reference, you can refer to this
    link
    for more information about Cortana and privacy.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Sorry, that turning off Network Notifications should be there, unless your vendor disabled the advance features.

Should be like this:
    Android - Turn off network notification

Android will automatically display a notification when an open Wi-Fi network is available.
    To turn off this feature:
    • Go to Settings > WiFi.
    • Tap on the Menu key > Advanced.
    • Uncheck "Network notifications"

What make and model is the phone; and, who is the carrier.

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  5. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

refer to OP...carrier im not sure, its not my phone...i had the phone when i posted the OP, now i do not. sorry.i tried to add what i could.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Cortana link notifications

We'd like to know if you've already downloaded and install Cortana app on your mobile phone. If so, follow the steps below to configure Cortana's settings on your mobile phone properly:

• Open Cortana on your phone > Hit the 3 line icon on the upper left corner > Select
      Settings.
    • Tap Sync notifications and enable the notifications you'd like to see on your Windows 10 PC.

Note: Make sure to give Cortana permission on your device's settings.

Let us know the result.

Regile Reb, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Get Phone Notifications from Cortana in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Phone

2. GET ME OFF AND Turn off notifications for post

in Windows 10 Customization
    GET ME OFF AND Turn off notifications for post: GWT ME OFF FACEBOOK AND TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-me-off-and-turn-off-notifications-for-post/2c6ebc0b-f5fc-474b-8e64-a9cac77a8666
  3. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  4. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Notifications Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview...
  5. Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Android Notifications in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Notifications from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview feature to...
  6. Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC: How to: Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on PC How to Turn On or Off Get Windows 10 Mobile Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft...
  7. Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC: How to: Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC Cortana is your digital cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services to help you get...
  8. turn off cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  9. Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls, etc. to my Windows 10 machine. As few as two to as much as five of a repeat notifications will be received by my machine....
  10. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369