Windows 10: Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.

Discus and support Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Honourdm, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Honourdm Win User

Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection.

Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi settings and the setting is turned to off for a metered connection yet the PC is still telling me the connection is metered in my notifications and also where my printers are listed (saying they couldn't be connected due to a metered connection, although the printer does work). We use WiFi and do not have data limitations so how do I get rid of these messages on the PC???

***Original title: Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off***

:)

Honourdm, Mar 9, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Mar 9, 2019
  4. javadth1 Win User

set metered connection is not activate

hi

i want to enable metered connection in ethernet

and i have this error http://uupload.ir/files/vie3_ad63ad.jpg

in this steps

4. step 3)

5. step 3)

6. step 3)

javadth1, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Getting metered connection warnings/notifications on unmetered connection. - Similar Threads - Getting metered connection

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  3. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  4. Metered connection

Metered connection: Hello, I've been trying to set up a metered connection for half an hour and after awhile I got it working until it's expire date now the option is grayed out. Here's a screenshot:[ATTACH]...
  5. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  6. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  7. METERED CONNECTION

in Cortana
    METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  8. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  9. Metered Connection Warning

Metered Connection Warning: My Outlook comes with a warning about the extra charge. How can I solve that? 18137
  10. Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10: How to: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10 [img] Information A metered connection is an Internet connection that has a data limit associated with it. Cellular data connections are set as metered by default. Wi-Fi and Ethernet network connections...