Windows 10: Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update

Discus and support Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Need help folks. I have 3 machines that I've recently updated to AU. Two updated with the update advisor and one required update with the ISO download.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bfunke, Aug 8, 2016.

1. bfunke Win User

Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update

Need help folks. I have 3 machines that I've recently updated to AU. Two updated with the update advisor and one required update with the ISO download. One machine an HP Pavilion Groove works fine. The other two Groove crashes immediately upon starting and I don't even have time to click the settings. I tried clearing temp, reseting IE, running SFC, uninstalling the app and then reinstalling via the app store. I'm told one solution might be change the locations Groove looks for music but it crashes so quickly I can't get to the groove settings. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

:)

bfunke, Aug 8, 2016
  2. ivandenev Win User

decoding error

Core player - Deciding error

Fm-radio - crashes after launch

Groove - changing songs very fast without working" message: 0xc00d11df

Edge ( you tube, online TV) - Video couldn't be decoded

cc player- videos doesn't start at all

ivandenev, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Sound problem with windows media player.

OT: sound problem.

after updating to latest version of windows 10 (1511 build 10586), I am facing sound problem with windows media player and groove music........whenever I'm playing a song with windows media player or groove music it produces a scratchy sound...but it was
    good before the latest update.....windows media player classic or any other player sounds good with same file.....my sound driver is Realtek HD audio manager version 6.0.1.7673.......what is the problem with windows media player and groove music after latest
    update???...plzz solve

Suvajit Dey, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update

Manufacturer/ Model numbers of both Computers experiencing crashes with Grove Music App.

Is Windows Music Player installed on both Computers?

Is Internet Explorer 11, installed? If not, install. If it is already installed then reset it.

Check and verify your settings:
    Your time, date, region and language settings might not be correct on your computer, so in order to check them you need to press the Windows key + I and click the Time & language, to check your settings.

Restore default libraries:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • On the left pane find and click Libraries. In case you don’t see “Libraries” you need to click the View menu at the top of the screen and in Navigation pane drop down menu check if Show libraries is selected.
    • Right click each library including Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos and delete them. By deleting and recreating libraries you won’t actually delete your files, just their libraries.
    • In the left pane you need to click Libraries with right mouse button and select Restore default libraries in order to recreate the libraries, and all your data in the library folder should be available to access.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2016
  5. bfunke Win User
    Tried that. No joy. Thanks. Any other ideas.

bfunke, Aug 8, 2016
  6. bfunke Win User
    Actually it's affecting several apps not just Groove. I just tried reinstalling WIn10 AU with the iso. Everything seemed to go just fine but the apps still crash as soon as I start them.

bfunke, Aug 9, 2016
  7. AmericanPharaoh, Aug 9, 2016
  8. bfunke Win User

Thanks for the advice but that didn't fix it.

bfunke, Aug 9, 2016
  9. bfunke Win User
    I figured it out. Admin account needs full control over the windows apps folder in the C:/program files dir.

bfunke, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Nothing like self help. *Smile Glad you able to get sorted.

We can consider this issue closed.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update - Similar Threads - Groove Player Crashes

2. Windows 11 media player app aka updated groove player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 media player app aka updated groove player: Does anyone know how....to get the new... Windows 11 media player app.... AKA updated groove player....TO REMEMBER LAST VIDEO PLAYBACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-app-aka-updated-groove/947c71f2-f86b-4623-a100-a2a207af7cd8
  3. Windows 11 media player app aka updated groove player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 media player app aka updated groove player: Does anyone know how....to get the new... Windows 11 media player app.... AKA updated groove player....TO REMEMBER LAST VIDEO PLAYBACK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-app-aka-updated-groove/947c71f2-f86b-4623-a100-a2a207af7cd8
  4. Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button

Groove Music and Windows media player crashes after hitting play button: After installing the new update for windows 21H1, my groove music app started to crash after hitting play button. This error has come up for several times I have re installed windows because of this reason but after sometime when I install the updates for windows again the...
  5. Groove Player stürzt ab

Groove Player stürzt ab: Hallo, seit dem ich angefangen habe den Groove Player zu benutzen (vor 2-3 Wochen) stürzt er hin und wieder ab (nachdem ich den Player öffne paar Sekunden später meistens). Neuste Windows Updates/Treiber Updates und Windows Store Updates sind installiert. Bin derzeit bei...
  6. Groove player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove player: I need keystroke by keystroke instructions to GEET RID of Groove Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-player/f26df725-854c-4cbb-85a0-15318e53fe2e
  7. Groove player is the default player for .wav files

Groove player is the default player for .wav files: On earlier versions of Windows 10 I was able to select a different app on my pc as the default for playing .wav files. Now when I try to select the app Transcription Buddy from High Criteria (tnpbuddy.exe)its not holding the change. Now if I select say Media Player it will...
  8. Problems with Groove Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Groove Player: After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the Windows 10 repair programs and still nothing. I have tried to even do a System Restore but for some reason it lo longer works...
  9. Groove Player loads Empty

Groove Player loads Empty: The player just loads empty , white in colour with a few lines *Mad I looked in search for threads regarding groove player but didn't see anything solved. Any ideas why this is happening & how to fix it? Thanks in advance *Cool 33457
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove player update