Windows 10: [HELP] Broken App Shortcuts

Discus and support [HELP] Broken App Shortcuts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello TEN FORUMS! I'm having a problem with my windows store right now! this is what it shows Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet , I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lpfacun, Jan 4, 2016.

1. lpfacun Win User

[HELP] Broken App Shortcuts

Hello TEN FORUMS! I'm having a problem with my windows store right now! this is what it shows Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet , I think I messed up with powershell commands fixing the store and messed the other apps.

:)

lpfacun, Jan 4, 2016
  2. RKK2025 Win User

Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Many app shortcuts are messed up in the Start Menu

Hi,

Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Many app shortcuts are messed up, broken or have a "(1)" in the name in the Start Menu.

I have 2 hard drives (C for System, and D for Apps and other stuff). It seems to have recreated all shortcuts when it was installing the update, and all the apps that were in the drive D, it changed the shortcuts to the drive C with the same path (Example:
    D:\path\app.exe to C:\path\app.exe), and then it seems to have copied the old shortcuts with the correct drive to the same folder, resulting in a shortcut with an appended (1). Therefore
    I have the start menu full of broken shortcuts, and working shortcuts with a "(1)" at the end.

Please help me fix this, and how to avoid having this happening in the future.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

RKK2025, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Many Proplems in nokia asha 303

I Have 3 Proplems in nokia asha 303

First:when i updated nokia browser from 3 months each time i open it showing massege (conflicting app) and browser not open.

Second:from 6 months (social App who comes with mobile) have been broken same proplem in browser And Shortcut of social in home screen always Waiting and i can't change shortcut.

Third:when Social App Broken Chat App Broken Too .

Ziyad_Gamal, Jan 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Ipfacun and welcome to Tenforums.

You can try re-registering the Store
    Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Re-registering the apps
    Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run a System File Checker
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

and finally, if all else fails, do a repair install
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

simrick, Jan 4, 2016
  5. lpfacun Win User
    Hello sir thanks for the reply! I tried system restore (restored calculator and other apps) but I only got on WINDOWS STORE that have BLUE ICON but can't open after trying the solution #1 Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet so it made my WINDOWS STORE white ICON again.. and I'm sure trying the solution #2 will make all my windows APPS like them (white icons) #3 SFC doesnt find any... Before I'll try #4 can you read the error message on #1? Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet thanks!! *Smile

lpfacun, Jan 4, 2016
  6. lpfacun Win User
    lpfacun, Jan 4, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jan 4, 2016
  8. lpfacun Win User

Thanks that did the trick! *Cool

lpfacun, Jan 4, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Super! Glad to hear it. *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [HELP] Broken App Shortcuts - Similar Threads - HELP Broken App

2. Apps and shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and shortcuts: when I open apps and shortcuts from home screen of windows 10 it takes lot of time to open so suggest me a way to faster it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-shortcuts/e226289a-3b5e-4c91-beac-6f6c6855adfc
  3. Shortcuts broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcuts broken: [ATTACH] I recently updated my PC (yesterday) and all my shortcuts are now broken .url files.is there a way to fix this other than recreating the shortcuts? https://preview.redd.it/tm54cduglkp61.png?width=617&format=png&auto=webp&s=d9da703bce7a832077ee189d9a1262864c272beb...
  4. Taskbar Shortcut help

Taskbar Shortcut help: Trying to pin website shortcuts to the taskbar with different icons. However, it doesn't seem to work... is there any way to do this? Thanks submitted by /u/F4z3- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm7hyw/taskbar_shortcut_help/
  5. “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?: Every time I type “s” on the keyboard it opens a new window. I an unable to actually use the computer at this time. Is this a keyboard issue or did the kids hit a button that created this shortcut?...
  6. App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help

App Icons are just fundamentally broken, Need Help: I'm at the point where I don't know what else to try. Windows 10 App Icons won't display correctly on my system when I create shortcuts no matter what I do. This only appears to affect Win10 APP's. I've tried deleting the icon cache and it might fix the issue or it might not...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Shortcuts Broken.: There are two things that I'm aware of that are not significant but its bothering me with my windows 10 taskbar. When I right click the sound icon and try to go to sound settings , it briefly opens a command prompt which closes immediately , this is the same as trying to go...
  8. Ctrl Shortcuts Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Shortcuts Broken: They only break when I'm playing a game, but here's a list of things people told me and it didn't work. -updating drivers -running troubleshooter -sfc /scannow...
  9. Apps Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Shortcut: Is there a way to put a Windows app shortcut on the desktop? (Such as Microsoft Solitaire Collection) 93811
  10. Fix broken Search shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix broken Search shortcuts: I have reinstalled my audio drivers and whenever I type "Dell Audio" on the Start menu, it pops up but doesn't work whenever I click it. (1st picture) [img] The shortcut under the Start menu folders works, though. (2nd picture) [img] 87093

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system app shortcuts messed up