Windows 10: Help changing Microsoft Account linked to Windows PC

Discus and support Help changing Microsoft Account linked to Windows PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I don't know how, but Windows has linked my secondary Microsoft Account with my Windows local account. I don't know how to change the account,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Oscarjohna126, May 18, 2020.

1. Help changing Microsoft Account linked to Windows PC

Hello.

I don't know how, but Windows has linked my secondary Microsoft Account with my Windows local account. I don't know how to change the account, any help would be appreciated. I would also like to know how to prevent other linked Microsoft accounts from viewing details such as my storage remotely. Thanks.

:)

Oscarjohna126, May 18, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, May 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 18, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Help changing Microsoft Account linked to Windows PC

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Help changing Microsoft Account linked to Windows PC

1. Help changing Microsoft Account linked to Windows PC - Similar Threads - Help changing Microsoft

2. Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.: I bought a laptop from a vendor and it came pre installed with windows and office, I activated the office and windows using a microsoft account, now I want to change the account linked to windows and office. I want my other account to be linked to windows and office, how can...
  3. Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the microsoft account linked to windows and office.: I bought a laptop from a vendor and it came pre installed with windows and office, I activated the office and windows using a microsoft account, now I want to change the account linked to windows and office. I want my other account to be linked to windows and office, how can...
  4. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  5. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link Second PC to Microsoft Account: Hi,I am looking to buy a second hand Windows 10 PC. I found one that I am looking at buying. Will I be able to change the O/S registration to my Microsoft account after purchasing it? And how is this done? Can I do it from within the computer or do I need to go through...
  6. Link Second PC to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problem with windows PC linked to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with windows PC linked to microsoft account: Hi From a while I have a problem with my microsoft account on windows 10Basicly the issue is that some times about once a week for some reason my PC logged out from the microsoft account and It required me to re-insert the pin or password ecc every time.I know that this thing...
  8. Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Account linked to my local account - Windows 10: Issue:I have a microsoft account linked to my local account on my windows 10 computer. I don't remember the password. I've tried resetting it where MS reviews information I've submitted to verify it's me. They say they can't verify my ID so I want to link my local ID with a...
  9. The Microsoft account linked with my pc has changed and I can't change it back.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Microsoft account linked with my pc has changed and I can't change it back.: So the other day my computer said I needed to fix my microsoft account because there was a problem, I clicked the notification, and it sent me to the settings app where it fixed the problem for me. However, I have just now realised that for some reason it has changed the...
  10. Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Email account linked to Microsoft Edge: Hi, I loaned my laptop to a friend and, while she had it, she somehow managed to establish her email address as the email address displayed in Microsoft Edge. So every time I open Microsoft Edge my friend's name is identified in the top right hand corner as being the linked...