Windows 10: Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

Discus and support Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting a bit frustrated with Windows 10 Pro and not sure what to try. So I do not want to use OneDrive or Quick Access. One of the first things I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ResurrectedXIII, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

I am getting a bit frustrated with Windows 10 Pro and not sure what to try. So I do not want to use OneDrive or Quick Access. One of the first things I did was go to folder options and changed "open file explorer to:" this PC instead of quick access. I then unchecked both quick access options under privacy. So now when I hit start and select downloads, pictures, or file explorer, it actually opens to this PC. Not documents though. It still opens to quick access every time. I tried a restart, still nothing.

:)

ResurrectedXIII, Nov 1, 2015

2. How to remove an orphaned icon in quick access?

I have a folder icon pinned in my quick access in windows explorer, which became an orphan. So when clicking on it, an error saying cannot find or no longer exsits would come up.

This happened from doing a system restore and it being from an old onedrive folder. This folder goes nowhere, and it is in my quick access list. I am trying to remove it, but it will not go away. The unpin from quick access does not work.

I relinked it with a folder in my onedrive, this made it a functional folder again, but still cannot remove from quick access list.

any help?

StronghandincVV, Nov 1, 2015
  3. How do I change the location that Documents points to?

I was racking my head over this and finally figured it out. At least this worked for me.

You can't redirect the OneDrive Documents/Pictures folders. The quick access links always go there because they are the quick access links to the folders on OneDrive.

Go into System Settings under Storage and change the default save locations to where you want them to go. Make sure you move any files out of the OneDrive folders to your C drive (or whichever drive you are using) folders. Now right click on the OneDrive
    folders and unpin them from Quick Access. Navigate to your documents/pictures folders, right click on them and pin them to Quick Access.

Voila. Done. I hope it works for others as well.

joewagner501, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

Brink, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Well, that did not work. The quick access tab on the left is completely gone now, but when I click start and documents, it still goes to "C:\Users\kacyg\OneDrive\Documents"

ResurrectedXIII, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 1, 2015
  7. Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working [​IMG]

So downloads and pictures is fine, but Documents still does not act right.

ResurrectedXIII, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

I still need help with this please.

ResurrectedXIII, Nov 6, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post somehow. *Sad

By default, the Documents from the Start list opens to Documents in This PC. The Documents folder in This PC is just a link of your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents" folder though.

Since it opens to your OneDrive location instead, it sounds like you have Documents set to save to OneDrive by default. You can use the same steps in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to set Documents to save to the default This PC only again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working [​IMG]

Brink, Nov 6, 2015
  10. THAT WORKED! Thanks! I had to go back in and reactivate OneCloud so I could do this.

ResurrectedXIII, Nov 6, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm glad you were able to get it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

1. Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working - Similar Threads - Help OneDrive Quick

2. OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain: windows 11explorer.exethis file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings pageonedrive one drivestarted happening after deleting and...
  3. OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive, Quick Access, and Pain: windows 11explorer.exethis file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings pageonedrive one drivestarted happening after deleting and...
  4. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list: Hello,OneDrive is currently stuck on my Quick Access list in File Explorer and it will not let me delete/unpin it. When I try to I get this message:[Window Title] explorer.exe [Content] This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...
  5. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list: Hello,OneDrive is currently stuck on my Quick Access list in File Explorer and it will not let me delete/unpin it. When I try to I get this message:[Window Title] explorer.exe [Content] This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...
  6. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Onedrive screwed my Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive screwed my Quick Access: i deleted onedrive back then because i don't use onedrive and i accidentally moved all my docs to onedrive. i have disconnected and turned off onedrive but the quick access links still lead to the files on onedrive. since those files no longer exist in onedrive, the quick...
  8. Quick Access not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access not working: On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to QA work. I do not...
  9. Quick access not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access not working: Some folks may not know what Quick access is, if you open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer as it used to be), on the left hand side menu in first place you have Quick access with a blue star icon. I recently reinstalled Windows and QA worked for a while, but at some point...
  10. Quick Access help

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access help: I can't link a shortcut of my user folder to Quick Access. It only links the direct folder which has a silly name (created by the first five letters of my email address), and it's just so stupid to look at. I want Quick Access to refer to the shortcut as the 'User'...