Windows 10: Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 When you press ALT+TAB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

When you press ALT+TAB or CTRL+ALT+TAB to switch between open windows in Windows 10, any windows in the background of ALT+TAB will show by default.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show windows in the background of ALT+TAB for your account in Windows 10.

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MultitaskingView\AltTabViewHost

Wallpaper DWORD

(delete) = Show
    1= Hide

EXAMPLE: Hide or Show ALT+TAB background windows

Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show ALT+TAB Background Windows
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Alt+Tab_background_windows.reg

Download

3. To Hide ALT+TAB Background Windows
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Alt+Tab_background_windows.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Hide program icon and its name when alt+tab

There's a whole whack these tweaks you can do,
    show Wallpaper or Windows and Wallpaper behind,
    dim the Background or not...

The instructions and an extensive list can be found Here

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  3. das10 Win User
    das10, Oct 26, 2019
  4. xorbe Win User

Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

What is the "magic" of alt+tab?

I noticed alt-tabbing out of and back into Heaven lowers the benchmark result by 10% or so, which bugs me. Windows ...

xorbe, Oct 26, 2019
  5. mrhuggles Win User
    alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Oct 26, 2019
  6. alt + tab not working

*Confused Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10

1. Hide or Show ALT+TAB Background Windows in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show ALT+TAB

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  5. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: I would like to revert the alt + tab functionality back to how it originally worked, where I could alt-tab back and forth between two recent windows, rather than having to scroll through every open window to get to the one I want. Every guide I've found online to do this no...
  6. Background process 'Start' and 'Window' appearing in alt+tab

Background process 'Start' and 'Window' appearing in alt+tab: Hi all, I have an ongoing issue with two background processes appearing when I use alt+tab - one called 'Start' and one called 'Window'. [ATTACH] I have figured out that the Start program is the new start menu service, and of course I am able to force close this...
  7. Windows 10 alt tab

Windows 10 alt tab: How can I change tabs in windows 10 like I used to do it in windows 7. I used to do as following but its not working in windows 10. https://youtu.be/izAELokY6G8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-alt-tab/9a672385-5e8c-4e5f-bfad-d63eda2c4116
  8. Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons

Background apps showing when using alt-tab buttons: Off late when I use the Alt-Tab buttons IDM which runs in the background shows up. If I stop the program, it doesn't show up. Any way to stop this. Version 1903 OS Build 18362.295 Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Alt + Tab: My Alt + Tab has suddenly become noticeably slower compared to before. I have turned off Focus Assist as commonly advised by most articles on the internet regarding Alt + Tab lag in Windows 10 yet it still has not fixed the issue. I did notice that this began after having...
  10. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 In...