Windows 10: Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

Discus and support Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome How to Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome When you open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

How to: Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

How to Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

When you open a new tab Ctrl+N in Google Chrome, you will see shortcuts of websites you visit often by default under the search box.

When you have Google set as your default search engine in Google Chrome, you can open a New Tab page Ctrl+N in Google Chrome and click/tap on the Customize button at the bottom to see the New Tab page customization menu.

Starting with second version of the New Tab page customization menu.

When you enable the second version of the New Tab page customization menu, it still allows you to change the Background of the New Tab page, but it adds a new Shortcuts menu that allows you to select to show My shortcuts, Most visited sites, or Hide shortcuts on the New Tab page in Google Chrome.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show shortcuts on the New Tab page in Google Chrome.

EXAMPLE: Show or hide shortcuts on the New Tab page in Google Chrome

Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Open Google Chrome.

2 If you haven't already, you will need to enable the second version of the New Tab page customization menu for Google Chrome before continuing the steps below.

3 Open a new tab Ctrl+N in Google Chrome.

4 Click/tap on the Customize button on the New Tab page. (see screenshot below)

5 Click/tap on Shortcuts on the left side, turn on or off (default) Hide shortcuts for what you want, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Steve C Win User

Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome  

That solved it - setting open Chrome and the Home button to New Tab displays the Google search page in the new UI!

Steve C, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome  

It is basically working now but there is a weird problem. I've set the new tab page to Google which shows this correctly:

However, when I start Chrome I've set up to go to Google which displays in the old UI style. It also does this when I select Home which is also set to Google. That's what's been confusing me. Is this a bug?

Steve C, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. CKDexterH Win User
    Google Chrome Tabs.

In Google Chrome, I can right click and open numerous links in a new tab. But when I click on the tab the program freezes and I'm forced to use Task Manager to close Google Chrome.

CKDexterH, Oct 27, 2019
  6. rofl48 Win User
    Chrome New Tab page wrong name

Hi guys, i'm trying to fix a problem I noticed today. Instead of showing "New Tab" when I open a new tab on Google Chrome, it's showing on the tab name chrome://newtab.
    I've tried using the Google Chrome Installer to fix this, but no success. In the anonymous mode, this is working properly.
    Any tips on how to fix this ? Thanks

rofl48, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Hide Show Shortcuts

2. is that a google chrome tabs?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is that a google chrome tabs?: the number beside google chrome, is that how may tabs you have open? or what? because i only have 2 tabs open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-a-google-chrome-tabs/e2a376d1-e8f8-4739-a5b7-4d2e63794770
  3. New "Search Tabs" icon on Google Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    New "Search Tabs" icon on Google Chrome?: Today I have a New "Search Tabs" icon (hover over), on my Google Chrome Tab Bar?- I clicked on it, and it just Minimized my browser? There is nothing new in Extensions. My AV did a clean scan, and their Forum was no help? Google Search found nothing? The icon is the little...
  4. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  5. Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu version 2 in Google Chrome When you have Google set as your default search engine in Google Chrome, you can open a New Tab page Ctrl+N in...
  6. Enable or Disable Color and Theme for New Tab Page in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Color and Theme for New Tab Page in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Color and Theme for New Tab Page in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Color and Theme for New Tab Page Customize Menu in Google Chrome When you have Google set as your default search engine in Google Chrome, you can open a New Tab page...
  7. Chrome New Tab page wrong name

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome New Tab page wrong name: Hi guys, i'm trying to fix a problem I noticed today. Instead of showing "New Tab" when I open a new tab on Google Chrome, it's showing on the tab name chrome://newtab. I've tried using the Google Chrome Installer to fix this, but no success. In the anonymous mode, this is...
  8. Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable New Tab Page Material Design UI in Google Chrome This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome. Google Chrome has a new Material Design refresh UI....
  9. Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Changing New Tab Page Background in Google Chrome in Windows This tutorial is no longer valid in the latest Google Chrome. Starting with default search engine....
  10. Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows How to Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home [img] button in homepage. This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Home button in Google Chrome for...