Windows 10: How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing

Discus and support How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Timeline can be useful, if it works. Despite spending a lot of effort getting the settings right and merging the appropriate command in the registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Clayto222, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Clayto222 Win User

How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing

Timeline can be useful, if it works. Despite spending a lot of effort getting the settings right and merging the appropriate command in the registry Timeline has vanished yet again. How can I get it back, and end this instability?

:)

Clayto222, Oct 5, 2018
  2. clayto Win User

Timeline has vanished

Timeline vanished again and was absent for a day and now it has re-appeared it only shows 'Earlier today'. Searching does not find any earlier activities. So it would seem that at present it is not at all stable and not to be relied on, yet.

clayto, Oct 5, 2018
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Timeline has vanished

Some settings are hidden in Privacy. You can get to it by clicking Start and typing "Timeline" (or open Settings and use search box.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing [​IMG]

Other options are shown in Tutorials:

*Arrow Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10

AndreTen, Oct 5, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Timeline has vanished

Hmmmmmm.... I just checked mine. Same thing, just today and pieces of yesterday.

This is the message block I have at the tail-end of Timeline on the screen. Lower left. I have my settings just as Andre posted above, but do not have Sync turned on. The message seems to imply Sync must be on to get last 30 days activity, even if only one machine. Guess you're syncing to yourself. I'm gonna turn sync on, and see what it looks like tomorrow and next day. Maybe your issue, also.

How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing - Similar Threads - Timeline keeps vanishing

2. how can i get back my vanished from start bar accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get back my vanished from start bar accounts?: my administrator and other two local user account just vanished from start buttons accounts section. i didnt enter in my administrator account for so long so that the pin got expired and i didnt fix that. now just a local user account is left in the pc.for this i cant log in...
  3. how can i get back my vanished from start bar accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get back my vanished from start bar accounts?: my administrator and other two local user account just vanished from start buttons accounts section. i didnt enter in my administrator account for so long so that the pin got expired and i didnt fix that. now just a local user account is left in the pc.for this i cant log in...
  4. how can i get back my vanished from start bar accounts?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluetooth vanished and no clue how to get it back Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth vanished and no clue how to get it back Windows11: So until last night, my Bluetooth was perfectly fine. I woke up this morning and suddenly, my Bluetooth option was completely missing. I can access the "Bluetooth & Devices" tab in the settings menu, but I can't access anything within that tab. I've tried restarting the...
  6. Bluetooth vanished and no clue how to get it back Windows11

Bluetooth vanished and no clue how to get it back Windows11: So until last night, my Bluetooth was perfectly fine. I woke up this morning and suddenly, my Bluetooth option was completely missing. I can access the "Bluetooth & Devices" tab in the settings menu, but I can't access anything within that tab. I've tried restarting the...
  7. How do I get the timeline back in the video editor?

How do I get the timeline back in the video editor?: In the video editor(or story remix or whatever), I can't seem to change from the storyboard to the timeline. Does anyone know how you can, if you can?...
  8. Timeline keeps vanishing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Timeline keeps vanishing: Can I get Timeline back? It keeps vanishing and I spend a lot of time trying to get the settings right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-keeps-vanishing/befd0b9f-7ee3-4eba-95e2-fe05893df810
  9. How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing: Timeline can be useful, if it works. Despite spending a lot of effort getting the settings right and merging the appropriate command in the registry Timeline has vanished yet again. How can I get it back, and end this instability?...
  10. Timeline has vanished

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline has vanished: My Timeline is no longer visible ---- all the past activities are no longer shown. All I get is what is displayed currently on the desktops. Search does not find anything, and I cannot find where the setting are, in case Timeline has got switched off. I think I once accessed...