Windows 10: How can I prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep?

Discus and support How can I prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I work as an IT technician for the county schools here and I'm trying to build a Windows 10 image to be deployed to machines in our County school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vendi1993, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Vendi1993 Win User

How can I prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep?

I work as an IT technician for the county schools here and I'm trying to build a Windows 10 image to be deployed to machines in our County school system. Normally in the past this hasn't been an issue. But with Windows 10 version 1803 the xbox app will successfully remove itself when I run certain powershell commands, and then reappear after the machine sets back up after sysprep. We cannot have the xbox app available on our machines since students may abuse the app during school hours.

I've tried multiple different solutions with no avail. The main powershell commands that I have used in the past are "Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage" and "Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online"

I used that command with all the all the other xbox related packages that I could find as well. Nothing I try seems to stick after sysprep and it always reappears. Do I need to remove or disable the xbox app a different way? Group Policy? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Vendi1993, Sep 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 Sysprep - App preventing Sysprep

Thanks for the info. Tried that several times. The app does not show up in the list. The attempt to remove it with powershell prompts the error: The system cannot find the file specified. Where is sysprep getting its info? Where can I go to refresh the
    list of installed apps? Is there a reset function for the installed apps?

Andrew Kelzer, Sep 13, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Xbox app and Xbox One Updates Rolling Out This Month

Source: Updates Rolling Out This Month: See Who's in a Party, Gamerscore Leaderboard, and More - Xbox Wire

How can I prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10

How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Check for and Install System Updates on Xbox One

Brink, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep? - Similar Threads - prevent Xbox app

2. How can I prevent an update from ever installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent an update from ever installing?: Hello, The update KB5030310 breaks my graphic drivers constantly. I have uninstalled this update already 3 times and it keeps getting installed.Even if I paused all updates for 5 weeks, I still got it installed again today, how can I "blacklist" it or pause it from...
  3. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  4. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  5. How can I prevent windows from returning old versions of files I edited on my drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent windows from returning old versions of files I edited on my drives?: I'm doing coding (batch scripts), testing, something crashes, I fix it, tomorrow same error appears, and the line in script is not the latest. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/gstambuk79 [link] [comments]...
  6. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?: Yesterday a window popped up giving me only two choices, now or in one hour. There was no option to stop it altogether. First of all, I had no proof that it wasn't malware. And while I'd stepped away from my desk, it automatically started the upgrade which forced me to sit...
  7. How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?: Hi, I have a bit-locker protected USB drive. It's set to always be unlocked when attached to my main desktop PC. After I waking from sleep the drive shows as locked in My PC: [img] If I double-click it I get this message: [img] However if I right-click the drive...
  8. How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I prevent bitlocker confusion after wake from sleep?: Hi, I have a bit-locker protected USB drive. It's set to always be unlocked when attached to my main desktop PC. After I waking from sleep the drive shows as locked in My PC: [img] If I double-click it I get this message: [img] However if I right-click the drive...
  9. How to prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep?

How to prevent the Xbox app from returning after sysprep?: I work as an IT technician for the county schools here and I'm trying to build a Windows 10 image to be deployed to machines in our County school system. Normally in the past this hasn't been an issue. But with Windows 10 version 1803 the xbox app will successfully remove...
  10. Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...