Windows 10: How did I remove the post sleep welcome screen?

Discus and support How did I remove the post sleep welcome screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 version 1709. I recently bought a new notebook. When setting it up, and getting things the way I like, somehow I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeffL, Dec 14, 2017.

1. JeffL Win User

How did I remove the post sleep welcome screen?

Using Windows 10 version 1709.

I recently bought a new notebook. When setting it up, and getting things the way I like, somehow I was able to prevent the Welcome Screen (the one you have to slide up) from appearing when waking up the computer.

I want to have my 2 in 1 tablet (same OS) also not display the Welcome Screen, but I can't remember how I did it.

On both computers I used netplwiz so I don't need to enter a password, and they are both set to never require a password after sleep. I can't remember if I made a change to the registry, or if was just another setting.

Anyone know.

:)

JeffL, Dec 14, 2017

2. How to remove the reservation I did of Windows 10?

To cancel reservation follow the below steps:

•Click/tap on the Get Windows 10 app icon on the taskbar notification area.

•Click/tap on the "hamburger" style menu button at the top left corner in the Get Windows 10 app.

•Click/tap on View confirmation under Getting the upgrade.

•Click/tap on the Cancel reservation link.

•Click/tap on Cancel reservation to confirm.

•Click/tap on Close.

This will cancel the reservation

Andre Da Costa, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Gra11ndma Win User
    How to remove the reservation I did of Windows 10?

Original title: OOPS! I mistakenly reserved Windows 10 to be downloaded onto my computer.

Please unreserve my reservation for the upgrade.

Gra11ndma, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jeff, *Smile

This would be the lock screen.

*Arrow Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

However, you shouldn't normally see the lock screen if you have Windows set to automatically sign in at startup and not to require sign-in on wakeup.

If you have secure sign-in enabled, then that would cause you to see the lock screen.

*Arrow Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10 Security System Tutorials

Brink, Dec 14, 2017
  5. JeffL Win User
    Thanks Brink, but I've just come to realize that I asked the wrong question. The action that I didn't like was my notebook going to sleep when I closed lid. I wanted it to come back to where it was when I opened it. I finally found my way back to how I changed that behavior.

Settings/System/Power&Sleep/Additional Power Settings/Choose What Closing The Lid Does/Change settings that are currently unavailable Uncheck "Lock".

This was sort of a waste of time thought, because in the end, I decided to keep the Welcome screen on the 2 in 1 tablet, and to set my notebook to Never Sleep When Plugged In.

JeffL, Dec 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. How did I remove the post sleep welcome screen? - Similar Threads - did remove post

2. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen: Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local...
  3. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen: Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local...
  4. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help to remove the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help to remove the welcome screen: Help to remove the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-the-welcome-screen/f9361975-85e3-4394-b1c7-1606d50e4a0b
  6. Help to remove the welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help to remove the welcome screen: Help to remove the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-the-welcome-screen/f9361975-85e3-4394-b1c7-1606d50e4a0b
  7. Help to remove the welcome screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Remove "Welcome" screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove "Welcome" screen?: So I have this problem after a fresh install where instead of booting directly to the desktop like my other computer used to do, now when I press the power button it displays this screen where it says "Welcome" and then boots onto the desktop. Is there anyway to remove this?...
  9. How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove Spotlight Circle On Welcome Screen: Hi, I'm currently running windows 10 pro.64-bit - version 1803 build 17134.81 , on the computer I'm typing this post on. I really thought by now that the developer's of windows 10 would have provided a method to disable/delete the spotlight circle that's displayed on the...
  10. Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Welcome / Sign in Screen: I tried the following. It worked but only for when I restart or shutdown my computer. But if I hibernate my computer, upon resuming, I get the sign in screen again. So, how can I disable or remove the welcome/sign in screen completely? How to Skip the Windows 10 Login...