Windows 10: How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile

Discus and support How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need this so I can turn my metered connection on and off without going thru a bunch of pages to get to it. I do not have a metered connection. I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jemcrystal, Feb 25, 2019.

1. How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile

I need this so I can turn my metered connection on and off without going thru a bunch of pages to get to it. I do not have a metered connection. I run an intensive online mmorpg that I do not want interrupted by Win10's updating. I want to choose when to update Win10 so I set it to metered so no auto anything while my game's running. My game is a bit sensitive. It does lag / disconnect if anything is running in the background - esp a win update.

To get to the page I am talking about - Window Bottom Left Button > Settings Wheel > Choose Network & Internet > Choose Ethernet > Click Your Ethernet Connection > Now You Are In Network Profile

This is the page I want a desktop icon for. There is another one. I don't want the other one. I want this page. How do I make a desktop icon that opens up:

i.postimg.cc/mrB3GsKt/METEREDconnection.png

I know how to make Desktop Icons. That is not my question. Do Desktop Icons by right clicking the Desktop Background and choosing New Shortcut. What I need to know is what is the location id for this page?

:)

Jemcrystal, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile

There isn't one, but there is one for the page before that where you can then click on Ethernet to make the final step.

Create a shortcut to ms-settings:network-ethernet
    Or you could create a .bat file containing the command start /max ms-settings:network-ethernet
    (the /max option opens Settings in full screen, you can leave it out if you prefer)

That and other shortcuts can be found in this tutorial.

Settings Pages List of URI Shortcuts in Windows 10 | Tutorials

3. dalchina Win User

Hello, I have not answered your query in your precise terms, so you will no doubt criticise this reply.
    However, here are some options you might consider.

For Wifi see Option 2 as a basis for what you want to do.
    Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10 | Tutorials

The tutorial for doing that with ethernet appears to indicate a restart is required (reg file).
    Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Better way: look into
    Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    which apparently offers a way to disable and to enable updates. (Not used it personally).

Presumably you have Active Hours enabled in Settings.

Also have a look at this useful tool (free):

How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 10, 2019
  4. How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile - Similar Threads - Add Desktop Icon

2. how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?: How do I add an app icon to my computer desktop? Side question: Why do they "improve" computers so we have to learn how to do things we used to do just fine?...
  3. how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add an app icon to my computer desktop?: How do I add an app icon to my computer desktop? Side question: Why do they "improve" computers so we have to learn how to do things we used to do just fine?...
  4. how do I add files to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I add files to desktop: how do I add files to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-files-to-desktop/57e86d01-1689-4f33-92d8-255603a1b588
  5. how do I add files to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I add files to desktop: how do I add files to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-files-to-desktop/57e86d01-1689-4f33-92d8-255603a1b588
  6. how do i add icon/apps back to my desktop again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i add icon/apps back to my desktop again?: I sometimes let my brother play games on my laptop, but while he was playing today, my laptop died and I tried to start recharging it as soon as I could. But when I started my laptop again, my desktop was wiped clean, no recycle bin, no nothing. all of the apps are still...
  7. How do I add a printer icon to my windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I add a printer icon to my windows 10 desktop?: I am not sure why they made it so hard but I cannot figure out how to add a printer icon to my windows 10 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-printer-icon-to-my-windows-10/d5cdc98f-2a26-453f-bf78-e4073638fc73
  8. How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Add Desktop Icon Win 10 For 2019 Network Profile: I need this so I can turn my metered connection on and off without going thru a bunch of pages to get to it. I do not have a metered connection. I run an intensive online mmorpg that I do not want interrupted by Win10's updating. I want to choose when to update Win10 so I set...
  9. How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add Bluetooth Icon to Desktop or Menu?: How can I add a bluetooth icon to the menu or the desktop in win 10? 84017
  10. Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Add a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 A wireless (Wi-Fi) connect to a wireless network. When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will automatically create and add a profile for the wireless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get printer icon on desktop windows 10

2. add printer icon to desktop windows 10