Windows 10: How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

Discus and support How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicholasCarbone, Jan 30, 2019.

1. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

When I first set up my computer I made a Windows account but I logged in using my Microsoft Account instead of making a local user account. I was wondering if there is anyway to change it to a local account after making the account, without loosing your data.

:)

NicholasCarbone, Jan 30, 2019

2. how to change local account to Microsoft account

Hi Linda,

To change your login settings from local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu and select Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type the details for your Microsoft Account.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account

1. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Account

2. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  6. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  7. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10?: I was having the same problem as many other people who reported that they were having trouble converting their Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10. If you search for this question you'll see lots of people asking the question and lots of folk answering it and...
  8. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10?: I was having the same problem as many other people who reported that they were having trouble converting their Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10. If you search for this question you'll see lots of people asking the question and lots of folk answering it and...
  9. How do I change my Microsoft Account into a Local Account on Windows 10?

10. How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?: I want to use the Microsoft Family Safety application to monitor my kid's computer usage, but when setting up his computer, I used my own email account. Now I want to change it. I've been looking for ways to change it without having to create an entirely new user but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change microsoft account of local account

2. why is mylocal account is disconnected from microsoft

3. inspiron 15 7000 change from microsoft account to local account