Windows 10: How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

Discus and support How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys I'm not sure if I've posted the right at the right place, but still........ I want to know that "" How do I change the "Open Settings" found in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Preetkaran, Jul 26, 2017.

1. How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

Guys

I'm not sure if I've posted the right at the right place, but still........ I want to know that "" How do I change the "Open Settings" found in the Computer tab of the File Explorer to "Open Control Panel" ""

I have a screenshot of that:

How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel" [​IMG]

I want to change it because I have a habit of having that "Open Control Panel" there as in Windows 8.1 for the reason that the Settings is just an app reference to the original Control Panel and many advanced settings are referred to Control Panel.

And I'm lazy to type "Co" everytime in Cortana to open Control Panel.

Awaiting for replies.....

:)

Preetkaran, Jul 26, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 26, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

Welcome to TenForums @Preetkaran

We have a tutorial for that...
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

But I haven't bothered. Instead I found Control Panel in the Start menu's 'All apps > Windows system' and pinned it to Start. The advantage of having it pinned to Start is that a right-click on the tile shows a 'Recent' jumplist for it, all your frequently used Control Panel settings in one convenient place.

Force yourself just one more time, then right-click on it instead of a left-click - you can pin it to Start from there too.

5. Thanks for your quick reply @Bree

Actually I was wondering to access Control Panel through File Explorer as mentioned above. Though, there are many ways of accessing Control Panel, but my question is: Can I access Control Panel this way?

Preetkaran, Jul 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 27, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I just created a shortcut to the Control Panel on the desktop and Pinned it to the Taskbar. That way I have access to both features. Or I could use God Mode.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

1. How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel" - Similar Threads - change Open Settings

2. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  3. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  4. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Control Panel will not open

Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  6. Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  7. Control Panel not opening

Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  8. How can I open the control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I open the control panel?: I'm unable to find the control panel in the list of programs when I search for it in the search bar of the start menu. I only see the intel HD graphics control panel and it's really annoying....
  9. how do I open Control Panel

how do I open Control Panel: Where is Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-control-panel/57000368-e1aa-43db-94b3-06f0e8ca9bec
  10. Can Not Open Settings Control Panel or Internet Explorer

Can Not Open Settings Control Panel or Internet Explorer: I Tryed Downloading a Mac Mode On My Pc After I Deleted It And I Try To Open A App It Said Class Not Registered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-settings-control-panel-or-internet/f3d4f5a0-19f4-4c90-9aee-71ca8b3f87b2