Windows 10: How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

Discus and support How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Guys I'm not sure if I've posted the right at the right place, but still........ I want to know that "" How do I change the "Open Settings" found in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Preetkaran, Jul 26, 2017.

1. How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

Guys

I'm not sure if I've posted the right at the right place, but still........ I want to know that "" How do I change the "Open Settings" found in the Computer tab of the File Explorer to "Open Control Panel" ""

I have a screenshot of that:

How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel" [​IMG]

I want to change it because I have a habit of having that "Open Control Panel" there as in Windows 8.1 for the reason that the Settings is just an app reference to the original Control Panel and many advanced settings are referred to Control Panel.

And I'm lazy to type "Co" everytime in Cortana to open Control Panel.

Awaiting for replies.....

:)

Preetkaran, Jul 26, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 26, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

Welcome to TenForums @Preetkaran

We have a tutorial for that...
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

But I haven't bothered. Instead I found Control Panel in the Start menu's 'All apps > Windows system' and pinned it to Start. The advantage of having it pinned to Start is that a right-click on the tile shows a 'Recent' jumplist for it, all your frequently used Control Panel settings in one convenient place.

Force yourself just one more time, then right-click on it instead of a left-click - you can pin it to Start from there too.

5. Thanks for your quick reply @Bree

Actually I was wondering to access Control Panel through File Explorer as mentioned above. Though, there are many ways of accessing Control Panel, but my question is: Can I access Control Panel this way?

Preetkaran, Jul 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 27, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I just created a shortcut to the Control Panel on the desktop and Pinned it to the Taskbar. That way I have access to both features. Or I could use God Mode.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel"

1. How do I change "Open Settings" in Explorer to "Open Control Panel" - Similar Threads - change Open Settings

2. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  3. how do I open Control Panel

how do I open Control Panel: Where is Control Panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-control-panel/57000368-e1aa-43db-94b3-06f0e8ca9bec
  4. Can Not Open Settings Control Panel or Internet Explorer

Can Not Open Settings Control Panel or Internet Explorer: I Tryed Downloading a Mac Mode On My Pc After I Deleted It And I Try To Open A App It Said Class Not Registered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-settings-control-panel-or-internet/f3d4f5a0-19f4-4c90-9aee-71ca8b3f87b2
  5. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...
  6. Control panel wont open

Control panel wont open: I am having trouble accessing the control panel, when i click on it, it opens in the task bar but does't appear on screen. I have tried running administrator but it is still the same problem although when i opened control panel is safe mode it successfully opened and i found...
  7. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes: Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...? I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem. Did a virus...
  8. won't let me open Settings or control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    won't let me open Settings or control panel: Hey, ever since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever I try to get onto control panel or settings it says "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system admin" when I am the admin and I have not put any restrictions...
  9. Control Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Won't Open: miD5kAwI69M I upgraded this computer to Windows 10 a while ago and I have noticed that some things will close immediately or soon after you open them. Control Panel is the biggest offender of this. This is the Admin account. 75436
  10. cant open file explorer, control panel...

in Windows 10 Support
    cant open file explorer, control panel...: Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The...