Windows 10: How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

Discus and support How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to change PowerShell to the default Command Prompt, how?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EpicWin294, Mar 13, 2020.

1. How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

I want to change PowerShell to the default Command Prompt, how?

:)

EpicWin294, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

I'm not sure if it's possible to change File Explorer's 'open PowerShell' on the 'File' ribbon, but you can add a context menu to open one. See @Brink's tutorials.

Open command window here - Add in Windows 10
    Open command window here as administrator - Add in Windows 10

Also, you could just open PowerShell and type CMD to switch it to a command prompt.

3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10?

1. How do i change Powershell to be the default Command Prompt in windows 10? - Similar Threads - change Powershell default

2. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  3. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to Reset PowerShell and Command Prompt to default settings

in Windows 10 News
    How to Reset PowerShell and Command Prompt to default settings: [ATTACH]Microsoft allows users of the Windows Command Prompt and the Windows PowerShell on Windows 10 to have the User Experience of the consoles customized. This […] This article How to Reset PowerShell and Command Prompt to default settings first appeared on...
  6. How do I implement this custom command prompt in PowerShell 7.0.0 on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I implement this custom command prompt in PowerShell 7.0.0 on Windows 10?: submitted by /u/jdrch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwe2bz/how_do_i_implement_this_custom_command_prompt_in/
  7. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  8. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  9. Change command prompt default directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change command prompt default directory: How do I change the command prompt's default directory in Windows 10? I see instructions in Sevenforums to do this in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Will the Windows 7 instructions work in Windows 10? 54910
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i change the defaut program for powershell win10