Windows 10: how do I change the administrator on my account?

Discus and support how do I change the administrator on my account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LindaProctor27, Jan 29, 2020.

1. how do I change the administrator on my account?

How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account?

:)

LindaProctor27, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Jan 29, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

how do I change the administrator on my account?

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

how do I change the administrator on my account?

1. how do I change the administrator on my account? - Similar Threads - change administrator account

2. how can i change my account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my account into an administrator account: i know that standard account does not have the family and other user option and i have to sign in to the administrator account but i dont know how it seems that this pc only has one account and its what im using right now. teel me how to sign in to another account here...
  3. how can i change my account into an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change my account into an administrator account: i know that standard account does not have the family and other user option and i have to sign in to the administrator account but i dont know how it seems that this pc only has one account and its what im using right now. teel me how to sign in to another account here...
  4. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  5. How do I change my account to administrator?

How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  6. how do I change administrator

how do I change administrator: how do i change administrator? I am giving this computer to my husband. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator/86359034-2b6e-4723-b868-d69654d14424
  7. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  8. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  9. how do I change Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I change Administrator: how do i change administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-administrator/0606fe5d-08d3-4a48-af2c-6489594604af
  10. How do i change my Gmail on administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change my Gmail on administrator account: I logged in to my new PC with windows 10 as the administrator and now I need to change my gmail address that I gave to the Microsoft account. But the system doesn't allow me to do that. How can i change it or will I not be able to change it anymore ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do when local account administrator has been changed to a gmail address administrator