Windows 10: How do I change the owner/administrator of my Windows 10 PC to my account?

Discus and support How do I change the owner/administrator of my Windows 10 PC to my account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am listed as the Administrator in "Family & Other users" in settings, but somehow after letting my child use/sign in to his account on my PC he got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmyP25, May 4, 2020.

1. AmyP25 Win User

How do I change the owner/administrator of my Windows 10 PC to my account?

I am listed as the Administrator in "Family & Other users" in settings, but somehow after letting my child use/sign in to his account on my PC he got listed as the owner/admin under "Your Info"? He is also listed as an "account used by other apps", with no option to remove him? Please help.

:)

AmyP25, May 4, 2020

2. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, May 4, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, May 4, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I change the owner/administrator of my Windows 10 PC to my account? - Similar Threads - change owner administrator

2. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  3. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  4. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?: I have two accounts on my windows 10 pc. one is for my kid - daniel - and one for me. my account is also the administratorfor some reason my administrator account appears connected to my son's email and this seems to prevent me from being able to install minecraft legends...
  5. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?: I have two accounts on my windows 10 pc. one is for my kid - daniel - and one for me. my account is also the administratorfor some reason my administrator account appears connected to my son's email and this seems to prevent me from being able to install minecraft legends...
  6. How do i change the microsoft account on my windows 10 pc administrator account ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do i change owner/account of PC?

How do i change owner/account of PC?: My mum's PC is linked to my Microsoft account and i need to change it to hers, can anyone help? Not use how i go about it safely. Can anyone help.When we log in, it comes up with my details, how do i change it so it will come up with hers?...
  8. How do i change owner/account of PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change owner/account of PC?: My mum's PC is linked to my Microsoft account and i need to change it to hers, can anyone help? Not use how i go about it safely. Can anyone help.When we log in, it comes up with my details, how do i change it so it will come up with hers?...
  9. Change PC Owner/Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change PC Owner/Administrator: Hi Guys -Hoping someone could provide a little guidance/help.I got a new Windows laptop so I am giving my Mom my old one. My email address is currently the primary administrator on this laptop. I want to remove my Windows account completely from the old laptop aka I want...
  10. how do I change the administrator on my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I change the administrator on my account?: How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-on-my-account/3359495c-b329-4ba5-876a-2508618c8449"