Windows 10: How do I create a Password Reset key

Discus and support How do I create a Password Reset key in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've looked at the instructions but the option to create a Password Reset Key is not where it should be (Control Panel>User Accounts). Need help! 74624 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nisko, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I create a Password Reset key

I've looked at the instructions but the option to create a Password Reset Key is not where it should be (Control Panel>User Accounts). Need help!

:)

Nisko, Jan 11, 2017
  2. swansojb Win User

How do I create a password reset disk for windows 10?

I upgraded from Windows Vista, then 7 to 10.

The option in Vista & 7 is in the User Accounts accessed from the Control Panel.

The option is still there in 10, in the same place but does not do anything when you click the link.

In the MS help online the only info I have found is that it is for Vista & 7. I haven't found anything to say it works in 10.

If anyone gets it to work, please post here.

Thanks...

NB it is not the same as Manage your Credentials.

swansojb, Jan 11, 2017
  3. How do I create a password reset disk for windows 10?

Perhaps they meant this?

How do I create a Password Reset key [​IMG]

Cbarnhorst, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Nisko, *Smile

If your account is a Microsoft account, then you won't be able to create a password recovery disk (USB) for it.

If you need to reset the password for your Microsoft account, then you could use OPTION THREE below to do so at Microsoft.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option3

Brink, Jan 11, 2017
  6. Nisko Win User
    I'm confused about the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account. I just set up a User Account like I always did.

Nisko, Jan 11, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I create a Password Reset key - Similar Threads - create Password Reset

2. How do I reset this password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reset this password?: Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up...
  3. How do I reset this password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset this password?: Hi, I got this pc for Christmas before covid and used it for some games like Minecraft but shortly after it kept getting viruses that wouldn’t let windows start up properly during covid so after a few trips to the local computer shop after lockdown was lifted, it’s finally up...
  4. How do I reset this password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I do a factory reset with NO password and NO recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I do a factory reset with NO password and NO recovery key?: I purchased an ASUS laptop at a yard sale, however the seller didn’t do a factory reset. I’m not able to login due to not having the password. I googled how to do a factory reset and it gets to the screen where it’s asking for a recovery key and I don’t have one. Can someone...
  6. How do I do a factory reset with NO password and NO recovery key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I do a factory reset with NO password and NO recovery key?: I purchased an ASUS laptop at a yard sale, however the seller didn’t do a factory reset. I’m not able to login due to not having the password. I googled how to do a factory reset and it gets to the screen where it’s asking for a recovery key and I don’t have one. Can someone...
  7. How do I do a factory reset with NO password and NO recovery key?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why can't I create a password reset key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why can't I create a password reset key?: When I go into Control Panel, User Acccounts, and click 'Create Password Reset Disk' nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-create-a-password-reset-key/5b5f3bcc-bcd2-4b54-85f0-409f8d04e22a
  9. How do I create a registry key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I create a registry key?: Greetings, I would like to have a batch script run automatically every time I open the command prompt. Anarticle implies that I need to create a registry key in this path: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor How do I do this? I think the key name is supposed to...
  10. How do I create a network password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a network password?: Hi, I've posted here about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and since had a lot of my questions answered. I also post in Seven Forums and XP Forms, respectively. I don't wan to be redundant, and apologize in advance. *Smile I'm pretty setup now with sharing and security permissions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create password reset key